Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Messages for James Thread - NOT A QUESTION / ANSWER THREAD  (Read 33998 times)
brakkum

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 02:15:02 am »

hey James (Kevin)

i just want to say thanks for being such an awesome and nice guy to all us fans, and for singing your heart out every night on tour and in the studio, its great to be able to go see you live and enjoy the gift that you give to dream theater.

i've been able to say hi a couple times after some shows in minneapolis, and thanks for be willing o just chat for a minute, it really shows just how great you/Dream Theater are to your fans

keep up the amazing work!

Dan

hayley

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 03:28:21 pm »

Hayley, that's beautiful artwork!

I have yet to see a DT show. I was living in Orlando earlier this year, and I had to leave for Michigan the day before the DT show at Hard Rock, and they had already played Detroit!  Angry
hey thank you! Smiley
that is unfortunate about your dt miss. hopefully they'll come somewhere close to where i am..in nashville. if not i'll be more than happy to drive all the was across thr country!!

hayley

Bleu LaBrie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 04:16:44 pm »

Well, there's a lot I'd like to say to James if he ever come to read this, for example, that he inspired me to start singing, to say that I'm thankful for all his beautiful music, you can notice he's a very special person at first sight.

Well, as I said before, there's a lot more I'd love to tell him, but for now I'll just post this.

Say hello to my son, he's called James and he loves your music

...then, the musician poet said to life: 'bring it on, bitch'.

Krahn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 09:24:34 pm »

It's time to record the vocals.... James? Roll Eyes

dinka

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 03:09:38 pm »

Hi James!

Firstly: Good luck tomorrow, have a great time, I'll be thinking of you and the band - as always Smiley

Secondly: Please tell Mr. Petrucci to SHAVE! Grin

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 02:39:14 pm »

Bumping....just in case anybody would like to contribute....

Wink

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 03:16:32 pm »

Hope to see you guys in Oregon in 2010 (We need some DT-ness... we've been missing out for 5 tours now Tongue)

SomeGuy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 05:56:46 pm »

Err, saying something to James...

Well, if he'd even read those posts any time...
I'd like to say that you are my favorite vocalist, and musician, ever.
You really changed my whole perspective about musicians. Before listening to DT I could really careless about the music I heard. But not only DT is a great band, you really amazed me as a person. I heard a lot of your material ever since the Winter Rose release, and you always sound so dedicated and amazing.
I'd also like to say I love your way of contributing to the music. No DT song or any other song you sing at could be the same if you weren't so careful about the meanings and devoted to the meanings and the song itself.
And I have to add, everything I know you're participating more at, starting from Wait for Sleep were you "played" the only instrument out of 2, all the way to songs you write and even compose (either in your solo albums or DT songs), amazes me more than the usual. There are songs like Disappear and His Voice that I would never get over them,

So saying that, I can't wait for your next solo album, your next show in Israel, and the day you'll participate more in album makings. I really wanted a lyric from you to be in BCSL. Well, maybe next time o:

Well, i'll start concluding. I really want to say one more thing...I love the way you're preparing for concerts. It just show how dedicated you are.It's really amazing to see a man who takes care of his vocals that way, and still manages to write so great lyrics, and sing in a way that passes so many sensations. I have to say your lyrics amaze me. You write about beautiful topics, and you write everything perfectly. That's another reason i'm excited about your next album for.

So umm, I think I said everything I wanted to say to James...and that was very shortly.
Oh and, i'd be damn glad if you'll come with your solo project to Israel. Plus, if you guys (either DT or your solo project) would come to Israel when i'll have enough money to take care of myself, get ready to see me in the Meet and Greet XD

w34vi1, it took them 10 albums not including ACoS to come to Israel, so I can quite understand you o:
I've done my thing, sorry for the long, long, unclear post

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:06 pm »

James,

You are my absolutely favorite singer. Your voice has gotten me through some very difficult times. I've discovered that whenever I'm in a bad mood, there are two things that are guaranteed to make me feel better-your voice, and chocolate. Your music has been a very important part of my life, and I wish you all the best.

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 07:01:50 am »

James,

You are my absolutely favorite singer. Your voice has gotten me through some very difficult times. I've discovered that whenever I'm in a bad mood, there are two things that are guaranteed to make me feel better-your voice, and chocolate. Your music has been a very important part of my life, and I wish you all the best.

Why not hearing James EAT chocolate??

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

betty

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 07:54:47 am »

For Mr. LaBrie:
i hope you'll soon read it...
i love your voice (and i'm not the only one)and i can't imagine music whitout it!
i'm italian (sorry for my elementary english) and i met you and DT in your last tour in italy (you was not able to pronounce my name...)
i've two questions for you:
1) you're used to receive many compliments, but there's a compliment you'd like to receive, that nobody made you since now?
whatever it'll be, i make it to you!!!!!!!!!
2) you've just terminated your european tour, it's probably you'll come back to italy next year? Say yes please...
Enjoy your well deserved rest with your family and remember that all we love you...
Ciao
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 03:35:18 pm by betty » Logged

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 03:43:12 pm »

James,

Why not hearing James EAT chocolate??

Sure, as long as he chews with his mouth closed.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 10:30:03 am »

bump for new members to see....

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

lauraKJLBfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 12:01:25 pm »

2 Kevin:
I love your voice,it's always a rush of adrenaline to me.It helps me in every momens of my life,letting me cry or smile.
I don't know if I couldn't be like I am now,without your music and without Dt music!!!!

I made 2 M&G with u last year,in Berlin and Milan.
In Berlin,at the end of the autographes,you did the last one,I told you only one word : "thank you" and you answered softy smiling to me and saying"thank u ".It was a very unforgettable momens to me,it really moves me !!

I know what fans means to you and to the band,and I have to say...."sometimes less words means more than a river of words"!!!!(dedicated to MP)
I thank you for all the incredible job you are doing to us  with the band and  with your amazing solo albums.

Like Betty I'm waiting madly to see you in Italy as soon as possible.....
Have a rest moment before the summer tour with Maiden......luckly I will be there !!!!! Grin Grin
cheers Smiley

Progemon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 03:05:47 pm »

It's been 16 years since my friend gave me I&W to listen. It was my first experience with progressive metal and It took me a month of listening until it really clicked me. Once it did, it really changed me as a music listener and how I viewed music in general. Only one other album that had as huge of an impact on me was Pain of Salvation's The Perfect Element. I still love I&W after all of these years.

You have been my favourite vocalist ever since. You seem to be really nice and down to earth kind of person with great sense of humour. Would be really cool to meet you. I really respect your dedication to your craft and that you never gave up and fought through all the hardships you've had. Oh, and if it wasn't clear, you really have a awesome voice.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: