Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Messages for James Thread - NOT A QUESTION / ANSWER THREAD  (Read 36506 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2008, 12:58:44 pm »

Hi folks.  Let's try something new here that we didn't do on the last Board.  And I repeat.
THIS IS NOT A QUESTION AND ANSWER THREAD.

Has his music / lyrics made a difference to you, or do you think he just rocks?  Like his work? 
Tell him so here.  Please please PLEASE do NOT go pm'ing James.  This is also NOT a thread for female fans to come and try to "pick James up".  Let's REMEMBER he is a happily married man here with a family, folks. 
This is just a thread in case he comes by some time to show him that we enjoy and appreciate the work he does.

So.  What say you to him?

What would I say? 

Thanks for sharing your voice and talents.  Thanks for helping to get me through some of the roughest points in my life, and for giving me an outlet - when in the mood, I can belt out the tunes just by playing a CD, and it feels GREAT!  Oh yes, and for the soundtrack to my housecleaning days!  Cheesy  Thanks for showing the rest of the world, that Canadians can kick ass!

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

AtmosphericV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 05:45:46 pm »

Thanks for being an awesome singer/frontman. I've loved your voice since i first heard Metropolis three years ago.

And Rough Boys on Winter Rose Grin, man, that is indeed a strong voice.

Personally, I find your best recent work to be Elements of Persuasion. I just think youre sounding so good there. Drained is my fav.

Looking foward to the next DT album...and the next tour(or maybe not. going into the military next summer and then staying there the following year.)
and hoping for a new James LaBrie album Smiley

anyways, see you in Oslo Spektrum next year I guess?..

andrea88

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 09:39:21 pm »

James, in case u read this:

First of all: I LOVE your voice! 2nd thing: sorry for my bad english, I'm a Venezuelan 15 yeards old girl!.
You and the rest of DT's team Has been a big inspiration to me, as my biggest dream its be a nice musician! so thanks for that and for became my first rock concert the best ever! (Chaos in motion world tour Valencia, Venzuela) please: KEEP ROCKIN' and good luck with the new album -Hope u read this-

Epitaph04

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 12:06:03 am »

You have an amazing voice, James. Don't listen to all the naysayers. You are the voice of Dream Theater and you will always be!!

Keep rocking man.

yeshua4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 03:14:17 pm »

can't imagine DT w/o you...I hadn't fully realized how much I love your voice until I got Ayreon's latest and you weren't on there...thanks for all you do

Is anyone here a marine biologist?

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 03:30:21 pm »

There's no DT without you, James, no matter what anyone else says !
You have been the voice that gets me through everything, good or bad times for 16 years now..no matter how much my life changes, my love for you and DT will be forever and always..
Thank you for your great voice, James, your music, your kindness to us fans when we meet, your sacrifices for your family to do the job you do to ROCK our world by giving us the best you can !
Hopefully we will be able to enjoy your voice for many, many years !! Cool
Thank you..

Caroline

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 11:22:07 am »

This is also NOT a thread for female fans to come and try to "pick James up".  Let's REMEMBER he is a happily married man here with a family, folks. 

Oh brother!! I never really thought of DT as a "groupie" band anyway, whether the guys are married are not. That's one of the things I had always respected about, not only James, but all the guys in DT is what dedicated, loving family men they are. Even if any of them were single, I still wouldn't throw myself at them, although I think each one of them is attractive in their own way.

As far as what to say to James, I've been listening to you & DT since 1994. I couldn't stop listening to Images & Words for the longest time and still to this day "Surrounded" is my all-time favorite DT song, because I was blown away by your singing on that song. Before I even got to know all about you, I kept saying "this guy's voice is incredible!"

Also, like Lutima had mentioned, thank you for your kindness when meeting fans, too. I can tell some nights that you are understandably tired, but everytime, you are always gracious towards each & every one of us, and I appreciate that more than you know.

I just wanted to thank you for the past 14 years, seriously, 14 years of one of the top things in my life that keeps me going. I go to alot of concerts and I've seen DT more than any other musical act, and alot of the reason for that is you.

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 02:20:53 pm »

Oh brother!! I never really thought of DT as a "groupie" band anyway, whether the guys are married are not. That's one of the things I had always respected about, not only James, but all the guys in DT is what dedicated, loving family men they are. Even if any of them were single, I still wouldn't throw myself at them, although I think each one of them is attractive in their own way.

I know, dahling.  But if you have been around these Boards as much as some of us have, and seen the utter CRAP that some of us have seen with some of the female fans, you just need to cut me some slack when I tell you I really wanted to put that little disclaimer in there.   Wink
* Donna slides Andie down some cheesecake and a hot tea

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 02:56:53 pm »

This is also NOT a thread for female fans to come and try to "pick James up".

I am sorry Donna, but I had to laugh while reading that... *wink*  Cheesy

I think it's great you proposed this. James does read here by now and then. He still does occasionally answer a question. Now it's structurised.

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 05:32:50 pm »

I know, dahling.  But if you have been around these Boards as much as some of us have, and seen the utter CRAP that some of us have seen with some of the female fans, you just need to cut me some slack when I tell you I really wanted to put that little disclaimer in there.   Wink
* Donna slides Andie down some cheesecake and a hot tea

Sorry, Donna, I worded that wrong. When I said "Oh brother!" It wasn't a comment toward you about what you wrote about "picking James up". It was towards the females that have the nerve to even think that they have "a chance" with James, and hit on him not caring if he's married.

Just from my experience I have yet to see any females at their shows dress or act slutty. All the females I see there are either there because they know & love their music or they're there with their boyfriends/husbands and not familiar with the music and are only there because their men wanted to go.

Unfortunately, I can't be on here as much as I would like. I would've really like to catch some of the utter CRAP that you speak of!

Hope that clears things up. Wink

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

hayley

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 04:44:24 pm »

Hey James!! It's a honor that you even might read this. I had a boyfriend a few years ago that was all about dt...and got me into them. Now it is literally all i listen to- no other music is comparable. Your voice is the most amazing, most pure voice i have ever heard. And singing along in my car and home is my favorite thing to do. i feel like i know every note of every song! i'm in art school currently and am learning neat things-- i decided to make some fan art. it isn't spectacular but i have gotten compliments Grin Feel free to put in in your fan art album on myspace! Wink

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT TOUR! it will be my first to go see, hopefully i can get some front row action!!  Cool

Telling people about your music ever day! i love you guys more than you can even imagine-
love always
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:48:19 pm by hayley » Logged

hayley

milks

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 08:34:36 pm »

Hi!

I just joined the blog....I want to say James that his voice is amazing and that he is sucha an inspiration for me....I love the "surrended" that's my fav...this year I was blessed and I went for the first time to a DT concert in Mexico City, he just rocked!!!!!!!!!!! .....he is so wonderful, and I hope I can see him in another concert!!! His solo projects are really great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAMES YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Wink

Omunae

We are forever eternal prisoners in time

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 03:10:28 pm »

Hey James, just wanted to say I respect you a whole lot man, and even though I think you were much better in your younger days, I gotta give you major credit considering all the things you've been through and the thousands of performances you've done for all of us fans, I'm glad to see you (and the rest of dream theater) are still out there giving it to us and as always I look forward to upcoming albums and I'm always checking for new live performances and rare footage on youtube, love you man.

If you care to know I have one personal request, when you do Learning to Live during a live performance can you sing the extra parts after the F#  Grin I loved that on the Live Scenes from New York performance and also I found this DT audition recording on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwKhd67XQqM&feature=related from 1990 where you did it check out my comment on there.

"haha I love the part after the F#, it almost reminds me of some fantastical journey like in a disney movie or something hahaha."

Thanks James, you're my number one singing idol, love ya man.

Make us whole. Migrator Soul
Follow me home. Complete the circle
We must survive. Restore our lives
The way I'll show. Complete the circle

JPM7stringfan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 05:29:09 pm »

Hayley, that's beautiful artwork!

I have yet to see a DT show. I was living in Orlando earlier this year, and I had to leave for Michigan the day before the DT show at Hard Rock, and they had already played Detroit!  Angry

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 09:24:25 pm »

it seems fate has made it where i can't see DT live.

The last time they were in Oregon was 2004 and I didn't find that out until three years later. When they were in Seattle during the Chaos in Motion tour for James' birthday, I had a lacrosse game so i couldn't make it.

With my fingers crossed I'm hoping to get to see them (and meet them) this up coming tour. (Wither people like it or not I am going to see them!)

James, you are awesome. You inspired me, along with the rest of the DT crew to write music in the Progressive genera. As of now i've been inquired to write music for a movie that a buddy and I are slaving away on, and thankfully i can throw my taste into it... there was even a joke of having DT appear in it for a club scene. But knowing your guys busy schedule, that would never happen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: