Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: DT- BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 178821 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 01:31:45 pm »

What about the nugget for this album? I mean we are going to have to wait for the album to be in our hands before we can start to figure it out... but so far i haven't been able to figure it out.

and an update from Mike on the covers:
Of course I "never say never" and there are always exceptions to the rules....but this is pretty much true....
 Most, if not all, covers I've ever chosen for DT are bands that were around before we were...
 MP

So bands before '89 (these bands could have been out in the Majesty days, since technaly that isn't DT  Tongue )? hmm Two Metal bands (with one that crosses the Hard Rock line), one Hard Rock band, a Classic Rock, and two Progs...

I'm still sitting at To Tame a Land as one of them, thanks to Mike's "conformation" that still bring up is it a Metal song, a Hard Rock song, a Classic or a Prog?

Gotta love Mike for his vague-ness to keep up guessing  Cheesy

but now bands that were around before DT was
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 01:44:37 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 05:41:26 pm »

One of prog bands might be Rush, since they're one of DT's greatest influence. Not sure thou

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 06:53:47 am »

What about the nugget for this album? I mean we are going to have to wait for the album to be in our hands before we can start to figure it out... but so far i haven't been able to figure it out.

Well, why should there even be a "nugget" for the album?? I talk about it because you brought it up, obviously I don't have anything against your post, but lately I saw a "mass hysteria" (ahah, maybe a bit exagerated term) about DT "nuggets" and stuff to find..... to the point that people over-over-over-analyize songs and cover arts looking for something which is not even there...

Ok, In the Name of God had that hilarous Morse code, and Octavarium is a VERY WELL musically structured album to resemble the octave of a piano. But apart from this I'd hate DT to spend more time on placing "hints" and "nuggets" rather than focusing on the music (which I'm sure is not happening anyway, I'm making just an example), and I am so so happy that the album title does NOT have any kind of reference to the number 10... I want an album full of good music, I couldn't care less about an album where I'd have to listen the lyrics of the 1st song at the 1st minute and the 2nd song at the 2nd minute and put them together and form a sentence whose number of letters is how many seconds into the last song there is a musical reference to an album they made 10 years ago, or whatever  Tongue

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 02:15:54 pm »

I'm just saying there they are in the albums without us really thinking about it. And for the most part... it's called a pattern. it keeps fans busy while waiting...

what is so wrong with that?

if it can get a few people's minds off of the hard times right now, isn't that all that matters...

not to mention i'm also trying to find a way to get more members of this board involved... without creating a flame fest...

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 07:11:23 pm »

Seems there is a new Promo picture on the net

Looks like i can get to work on that new Signature! Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:15:47 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 08:59:36 pm »

Holy.  Crap.    Shocked Shocked Shocked

Bring it already, boyz.  Bring it.

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2009, 09:03:33 pm »

Holy.  Crap.    Shocked Shocked Shocked

that was my first thought exactly. Now if June 23rd would only come sooner

EDIT: Where could we get a jacket like the one James has? that is awesome!!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:08:58 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

karpatisz

James and me in Budapest, Hungary 2007

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 02:45:15 am »

Weymolith from MP's forum add this too:

Szabolcs

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 03:02:59 am »

it was sad to see how may people were complaining about it on Mike's forum...

I don't see anything wrong with it...

I want James' jacket  Grin

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 03:17:08 am »

Awww I want James' jacket so bad!

MP looks awesome as usual

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 03:36:23 am »

Cool hair MP!! Seems James is keeping the beard...thats good! Grin

I want James t-shirt and that jacket too. Plus on the CIM-tour he had some awesome "biker"-style t shirts...I want some of those too! Hope they all wear leather jackets live!

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 04:10:34 am »

I can't believe this promo pic spawned a 5+pages discussion thread about their hair and "gothic" looks on MP's forum. It was so ridiculous until Mike actually gave a piece of mind about it, and then everyone went "ok, ok, it's a great picture". Same old "eveything is never enough" attitude

Having seen the cover art style, I wouldn't expect them to go for anything different with promo pics too. Pretty much the same style, and looks great. Very gothic vube, especially about clothing and those neck laces

Gosh, why June 23 is so hell far away?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:14:27 am by Natt » Logged

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2009, 05:16:21 am »

James is the most badass looking on that pic! He must wear that jacket on stage!!!!!  Cheesy

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Jacob

Be real and speak your mind!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2009, 02:32:48 pm »

Wow ... It's reaaaaaaaaaally dark, man! First impression real good! Can't deny all things look that mysterious ...

About all the speculations ... go on, men! You are in your rights! Besides that, VOICES is surely a democratic forum.

About The Journey's cover, could it be 'Separate Ways'? Or 'Lights'? Or 'Stone in Love'? Or even 'Oh, Sherrie'? How bout James performing these songs?

"The moment may be brief, but it can be so bright..."

Jacob

Be real and speak your mind!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2009, 03:42:40 pm »

Watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE2jmZq-eck

Is Cemetery Gates voted for Pantera's cover?

"The moment may be brief, but it can be so bright..."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: