Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: DT- BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 178814 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 08:59:06 pm »

who knows....

each part of the cover could be the nugget we are spose to solve.

Krahn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 05:19:55 am »

Awesome news! I love the album cover and the song titles are very cool Cool

karpatisz

James and me in Budapest, Hungary 2007

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 11:23:53 am »

Thanks for the sharing. I'll collect all editions. Smiley

Szabolcs

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 12:41:57 pm »

It's enough for me to have heart attack to see album frontpicture  Grin

and also songs names are mystical and amazing such a A Nightmare To Remember.

I guess every each songs lasts more than 7-8 min. and that could be great. all can be epic and dark as like as DT format.
And as we can see there is a combined from the older albums relfecting new album picture. From I&W, Awake, FII, Octvrm, SC.
U know John said, You'll see me playing the most complicated and hard elecktric guitar notes, you'll see LaBrie singing like in the  Awake album style.
So it is enough to get me excited about.  Cool

Let's Wait....  Shocked

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 08:42:02 pm »

Mastering is Starting Tomorrow!!

Here is a new kicker. the Cover CD that is going to be with the special Edition, according to Mike, 6 weeks before the album release, one cover song will be made available on Amazon and/or ITunes each week leading up to the album.

AND there is going to be a Cover song Bootleg that Mike is getting ready. 10 one off cover songs from 2003-2005. FYI, Mike was having The Black Sabbath's Heaven & Hell cover they did in a Sound Check in Germany.  Grin Grin Grin Sounding awesome.

EDIT: No lyrics by James....  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed That's kinda sad. Ah well maybe next album.

EDIT2: For those of us trying to figure out what the last of the 12 Step Suite title is...: The Shattered Fortress

(Information by listening to the Eddie Trunk show)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:37:16 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 04:04:50 am »

No lyrics by James??  Cry  Cry  Cry sad. He used to write lyrics for at least one song on each album...

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Hitch

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 08:53:27 am »

,,Progressive metal veterans DREAM THEATER have announced BLACK            This inf. are from DT newsletter
CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS as the title of their tenth studio album''

,,Six weeks prior to the June 23 street date, Roadrunner will
release one cover song per week through digital retailers''
1. A Nightmare to Remember
2. A Rite of Passage
3. Wither
4. The Shattered Fortress
5. The Best of Times
6. The Count of Tuscany
Chears  Grin

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 08:54:56 am »

sorry, but there's already a similar sticky thread here

http://www.jameslabrie.com/forum/index.php?topic=186.0

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 03:52:37 pm »

Too bad that James didn't have a hand in the lyrics writing this time around.... I heard that basically the album will have 4 "epic" songs and 2 "shorter" ones.... good, good, I hope that the "epics" will be indeed epic songs, and not just LONG songs  Tongue

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 10:55:38 pm »

I've been checking out Mike's Forum... and now i've been thinking, what IS on the Cover CD that will be released with BC&SL?

So far... Mike has confirmed that one song was done and released last year...

This is Mike's comment about it:
Maybe I should get this out of the way now, so there's no disappointment....
The 6th cover (one of the metal ones) is actually a DT cover that was released last year elsewhere....
 So, there's actually 5 "new" studio covers...
 You also should know that my picks were alot more obscure (bands or song choices) than you may think....I'd be shocked if you got any of them in advance...(two of em maybe, but the other 3, no way....)
Finally, those genre descriptions may be debatable...of course, no band can be so easily pigeon-holed in strictly one catagory....for instance, the other "metal" band, many would actually classify more in the "hard rock" catagory...
 OK...have fun guessing...
 I'm sitting here in the studio right now while one of the "prog" ones is being mixed and it sounds AWESOME!!
 MP

So far... I've been able to guess the last two albums of covers(The Dark Side Of the Moon, AND Maid In Japan), so maybe i can figure this out out.....

With Mike's "hint" I am guessing that the 6th cover is To Tame a Land.

As for the others hmm... i'd have to think...

Omunae

We are forever eternal prisoners in time

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 10:05:37 am »

I love that cover art. It looks like it should have came right after Images and Words and Awake.

Make us whole. Migrator Soul
Follow me home. Complete the circle
We must survive. Restore our lives
The way I'll show. Complete the circle

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 02:54:25 pm »

I think too that the 6th cover is To Tame a Land... we'll see what the others 5 are!  Cool

Anyway, I just love how for each release they now seem to come up with something extra.... for Systematic Chaos it was the making of DVD, and now, in order to not repeat themselves, they come up with the instrumental version of the album and, as if that wasn't enough for a bonus, a THIRD disc of cover songs... (which is way better than just making an album of covers and release it full price!) they always try to surprise people everytime, and this is just so cool  Cool

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 01:54:24 pm »

I'm a bit disappointed there'll be no documentary DVD. The one they had on Systematic Chaos was loads of fun...

Come to think of that, the album is 75 mins long... there are 4 epics and 2 singles. One of the "shorter" songs, A Rite Of Passage, is about 8 mins long, so I guess together these singles are about 15 mins long, which leaves about an hour for 4 epics. About 15 mins per each epic? That's not too long, I thought there would be a couple of 20+ minute songs.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 02:04:41 pm »

I'm a bit disappointed there'll be no documentary DVD. The one they had on Systematic Chaos was loads of fun...

Come to think of that, the album is 75 mins long... there are 4 epics and 2 singles. One of the "shorter" songs, A Rite Of Passage, is about 8 mins long, so I guess together these singles are about 15 mins long, which leaves about an hour for 4 epics. About 15 mins per each epic? That's not too long, I thought there would be a couple of 20+ minute songs.

Well you never know what they might have planned. Mike is a tricky guy that way.

as for the documentary DVD, i was listening to him talk about it on the 16th, and he said that they wanted to change things up. So I'm thinking that IF they do another live album, we might have a extra dvd there... or they will do like they did for 5 years in a live time, and mix it all again.

only time will tell...

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 12:52:23 pm »

Well, wouldn't be predictable in the long run if every album had one? for SC we got the documentary, for this new album we'll get covers AND instrumental versions..... as I said before I prefer when they surprise us each time  Cool

And I somehow have the feeling that both the opener and the closer will pass the 20 minutes mark.... but we'll see....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: