Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For my friend Sam (Jan. 10, 1989 - Aug. 2, 2009)  (Read 5205 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2009, 12:44:23 am »

Right after I heard that My friend Sam had committed suicide, it broke my writers block for a little bit.

There was enough for me to end up writing a song that is dedicated to him. There are elements that are very video-game sounding which he always loved. He was a sucker for those old games with cheesy music, yet it was also into the elements of a heavy guitar, and was slowly being "converted" by a few of us to the point he couldn't get enough of DT and the Prog sound.

So i managed to make this little piece in remembrance of him.

For The Fallen Friend:
http://www.divshare.com/download/8367905-51b

Note: Ignore the silence at the end of the file... i've tried all that i can with what i have to get rid of that... but i can't  Sad
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:49:56 am by w34vi1 » Logged

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:39:41 am »

I finally got around to listening...excellent piece, and great sequencing! I'm sure that wherever he is, Sam is honored. Smiley

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 04:24:32 pm »

I finally got around to listening...excellent piece, and great sequencing! I'm sure that wherever he is, Sam is honored. Smiley

Thank you. I did have a little old school gaming sound, but after watching Sam play all those old games a lot on his laptop i felt i had to leave it. Thank you for your comment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: