Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: DT- BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 111180 times)
goo-goo

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2009, 11:15:47 pm »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 13, 2009

New York, NY:

Progressive metal veterans DREAM THEATER have announced BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS as the title of their tenth studio album.  The band commenced work on the album – their second for Roadrunner Records, following up 2007's Systematic Chaos — in October of last year.

Roadrunner will release the record on June 23. In addition to the standard version CD, the album will also be available on vinyl LP, as well as a 3-disc Special Edition CD that will include the full album, a CD of instrumental mixes of the album and a CD of six cover songs, the titles of which will be revealed at a later date.

Six weeks prior to the June 23 street date, Roadrunner will release one cover song per week through digital retailers.

Drummer Mike Portnoy and guitarist John Petrucci are once again at the helm as producers, while Paul Northfield mixed the record.

The band will embark on a world tour in support of the album beginning in Europe throughout June which will be followed by the second edition of the band’s PROGRESSIVE NATION tour featuring Zappa Plays Zappa, Pain Of Salvation and Beardfish throughout North America in July/August.

A video for the first single, "A Rite of Passage" will be shot in late March.

The track listing for BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS is as follows:

1. A Nightmare to Remember
2. A Rite of Passage
3. Wither
4. The Shattered Fortress
5. The Best of Times
6. The Count of Tuscany

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:50:16 am by Donna » Logged

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:22:30 am »

SWEET!!!!

I know what i am buying. a vinyl LP AND the 3-disc Special Edition.

is it me of does this cover have an AWAKE flare?

I'll be one step closer to making my new image  Grin
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:27:10 am by w34vi1 » Logged

milks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 12:47:50 am »

Wonderful!!!!!!!

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 04:42:34 am »

Excellent news! Love the artwork and tracklist seems awesome - only 6 six songs, most of them must be hyper-epic!

June 23 is the date of release? Cool, they'll be playing Moscow on June, 10 - I hope to hear some songs off the new album live before the albums ships actually  Smiley

SWEET!!!!

Awake flare - exactly what I thought. And dark tone & the eye reminds me a bit of ToT, and a child in the doorway overlooking a patch of blue sky may be a reference to A Change of Seasons.
The elephant looks a bit odd, but I bet it's a part of huge concept  Wink

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 05:07:23 am »

OMG !!! The title...., the cover...., the songs !!!! Sounds like it might be.........
the new album !  Grin Wink

Now let the waiting begin....

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 11:42:30 am »

Love the album cover!!! Love the song names!! Dont you think that "A Nightmare To Remember" might be the last step of the AA-saga?? Sounds like that... Grin Grin Grin

GO DREAM THEATER!!!!

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

Subu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 12:05:25 pm »

Good news Goo.....thanks for posting it!  I am looking forward to the release!  Grin

‎"Accomplishment breeds confidence, insecurity breeds arrogance" - me

heylchick

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 01:08:45 pm »

Great news!  Can't wait.  Although I am not banking on the June 23rd release date for the Canadian's. Rarely do we ever have the same release date than everyone else.  Bring on the concert dates now!

Waiting is a hard thing to do!

Cheers everyone!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 04:50:21 pm by heylchick » Logged

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 01:29:22 pm »

Excellent news! Love the artwork and tracklist seems awesome - only 6 six songs, most of them must be hyper-epic!

June 23 is the date of release? Cool, they'll be playing Moscow on June, 10 - I hope to hear some songs off the new album live before the albums ships actually  Smiley

SWEET!!!!

Awake flare - exactly what I thought. And dark tone & the eye reminds me a bit of ToT, and a child in the doorway overlooking a patch of blue sky may be a reference to A Change of Seasons.
The elephant looks a bit odd, but I bet it's a part of huge concept  Wink

Remember the last song is called The Count of Tuscany... it looks like each part of the cover has something to do with one of the songs... but we'll just have to wait and see.

For some reason I see the band shirt having the elephant on it, nothing else... if not It would be worth making like that  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:48:06 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 04:30:27 pm »

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!

THE TITLE - Very cool and unexpected, and thanks God it has nothing to do with "10", "X" or any other lame reference to the number ten, that would have been way cheap and predictable...

THE SONGS (titles) - 6 songs, whee, one more than I had figured, dhehe!  Grin the titles look promising - A Nightmare to Remember is such a clever and kickass title (even though it reminds me of All Nightmare Long by Metallica), The Shattered Fortress looks to me like the ending of the AA saga, and Tuscany which is an italian region gets its way in a DT song title, hell yeah  Cool

THE COVER - Very cool and as it was already pointed out, looks very old school...... I bet once we get the lyrics we'll understand all of the cover - exactly like with Awake, imagine seeing the cover without knowing about The Mirror, The Silent Man, 6:00 etc.....  Wink

I also find quite excellent the idea of instrumental songs (those silly who think of James as the weak link of DT will be happy....  Roll Eyes) and, as if that wasn't enough, to get some covers as well with it........ looking very forward to it!!! (and I hope to not become scared once I read the track lenghts  Grin I bet the 20+ minutes songs are the album opener and closer...)

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 04:44:34 pm »

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

very good news !

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 07:25:55 pm »

Yep, new album cover definitely has an "Awake" vibe to it...I would be more than pleased if the sound of the album had echoes of it as well.

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 06:57:05 am »

the artwork .... biggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg Grin

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 08:15:09 am »

Nice!!! seeing a bottle (Glass Prison) broken (or shattered?) makes me think once more that the cover is like Awake's, with every object of it being a reference to the songs or the lyrics.... we'll see  Cool (I want to know how an elephant makes his way in a DT song!!!!)

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 02:48:54 pm »

Nice!!! seeing a bottle (Glass Prison) broken (or shattered?) makes me think once more that the cover is like Awake's, with every object of it being a reference to the songs or the lyrics.... we'll see  Cool (I want to know how an elephant makes his way in a DT song!!!!)

And a mouse, or whatever this small white creature on the right is =))

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: