Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Split" Preview of New Dream Theater CD on YouTube  (Read 12148 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2009, 01:33:18 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvPHGe6urq8&feature=channel_page

WOW!!!!

Yes.....does indeed sound good.  I will prepare my box of tissues for this:   Lips sealed  and this  Grin

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 01:43:40 pm »

Oh man !! Can't f***** wait for this !!! Cool Cool
For the ones who want to hear the entire Eddie Trunk show (thanks to Antipop for sharing  Cool);
https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=U0d3TkZzTkxEa1YzZUE9PQ

heylchick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 04:48:48 pm »

I saw this earlier and I can FEEL the amazement before me.  I need this "rejuvenation" more than ever!  I can't wait for the rest of the tour dates to be posted.  This new album is going to be killer folks.  Get ready to get your "rock-prog" on....it's coming!

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 10:58:24 pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

damn you Mike! and we don't even know the title of the album yet  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 03:45:24 am »

I don't remember myself being that excited and impatient about a particular piece of music. And now they put these crumbles in my mouth, I wanna taste it all!

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 05:46:24 am »

Nice, interesting clip, and absolutely useless to have a good idea of what the album will be like  Grin but I like very much the vibe I get from the parts where James sings... the music sounds a bit like Systematic Chaos, but a bit more structured... we'll see  Cool

Anyway, reading and hearing some of the comments of the clip, there's a part where they say that the new album "has 2 songs and it's 75 minutes long", an obvious joke, with MP stating that it's not even that far from the truth..... could it be that he *literally* meant, when he talked about an album with "A Change of Seasons and Octavarium", that we may get 2 20+ minutes epics, one more metal and the other more prog?? I wouldn't be too surprised if the album had really 5 songs: an epic metal one, an epic prog one, two more standard songs (one metal, hence the Glass Prison reference, and one more prog again, hence the Learning to Live reminder), and finally a "Pull Me Under" like song - in the clips I hear what I reckon to be a chorus with high "singalong", "anthemic", "single" potential.....

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

DrumMoff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 12:26:20 pm »

Nice, interesting clip, and absolutely useless to have a good idea of what the album will be like  Grin but I like very much the vibe I get from the parts where James sings... the music sounds a bit like Systematic Chaos, but a bit more structured... we'll see  Cool

Anyway, reading and hearing some of the comments of the clip, there's a part where they say that the new album "has 2 songs and it's 75 minutes long", an obvious joke, with MP stating that it's not even that far from the truth..... could it be that he *literally* meant, when he talked about an album with "A Change of Seasons and Octavarium", that we may get 2 20+ minutes epics, one more metal and the other more prog?? I wouldn't be too surprised if the album had really 5 songs: an epic metal one, an epic prog one, two more standard songs (one metal, hence the Glass Prison reference, and one more prog again, hence the Learning to Live reminder), and finally a "Pull Me Under" like song - in the clips I hear what I reckon to be a chorus with high "singalong", "anthemic", "single" potential.....

You sound spot on my friend!

And this is my video  Grin Grin
Thank you all so much for watching  Smiley

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 08:47:58 pm »

The clips sound freaking amazing! I'm very excited for this album...probably more than Systematic Chaos. Been listening to quite some DT lately: Awake, Falling Into Infinity, Old Bridge Official Bootleg, and Train of Thought........

Omunae

We are forever eternal prisoners in time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 04:57:12 pm »

The moment i heard this I instantly thought of Awake and Erotomania, I wonder if there's any kind of continuation of it on this album or if it's just coincidental.

Make us whole. Migrator Soul
Follow me home. Complete the circle
We must survive. Restore our lives
The way I'll show. Complete the circle

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 07:00:05 pm »

Mike's going to be on Eddie Trunk Live next Monday 3/16

maybe We'll get more information about the new album.

Hitch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 02:25:09 pm »

YEAh!!!

It sounds great!
If they have make a steep forward i can't even imagine how great is this album.

NEW ALBUM OF DT- Its COmming!!!!! for YoU,mE and for all the people that are waithing for this moment

Thanks for shearing Kiss

Chears Grin

yeshua4

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 08:51:30 pm »

I love the sample and am very excited about the album and the tour...yay!

Is anyone here a marine biologist?

milks

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 12:42:53 am »

OMG!!! It sounds great!!!  I can't wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: