Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Dream Theater Official World Tour - Reviews, Setlists and Pics here!  (Read 659098 times)
SomeGuy

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: June 18, 2010, 02:06:24 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeUQ8A-p448

Dear lord, I think it's the best performance of PMU by James in like the last 4 years...Lucky Maiden fans.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 19, 2010, 09:56:52 pm »

YAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I knew my waiting for concert tix would pay off!!!  Some seats in the "200" area of Molson Amphitheater opened up and I grabbed them.........Mama is happy now.   Grin Grin Grin

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 19, 2010, 10:02:47 pm »

YAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I knew my waiting for concert tix would pay off!!!  Some seats in the "200" area of Molson Amphitheater opened up and I grabbed them.........Mama is happy now.   Grin Grin Grin

yay!

BTW.. two more days before i get DT double dosed  Grin

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 20, 2010, 12:23:13 am »

"Close your eyes...........and hold your breeeeeeeeeeeaaaath............." 
We just finished watching "Chaos In Motion"......oie vay.......

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 20, 2010, 01:25:59 am »

Two days til the first one off show and a DIFFERENT Setlist is posted Wink

San Bernardino, CA - 6/19/10

AS I AM
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOME
CONSTANT MOTION
PANIC ATTACK
PULL ME UNDER

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 21, 2010, 01:08:44 am »

tomorrow's show will be a different setlist as it will be the first one off. I will try to post as soon as I am able to. (since i for one will be attending this show) Wink

Concord CA - 6/20/10

AS I AM
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOME
CONSTANT MOTION
PANIC ATTACK
PULL ME UNDER

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 21, 2010, 10:02:13 am »

You know, I am quite looking forward to hearing Panic Attack live again.  It didn't mean as much to me then as it does now.  Anything from Octavarium live would make me happy, trust me!

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: June 21, 2010, 02:34:11 pm »

And in the meanwhile, we can enjoy the entire set of DT's performance in San Bernardino, CA on 19th June 2010 in decent audio and video quality, thanks to user miked665

As I Am  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHAkNC3_NOI
A Rite Of Passage  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grwb3X_QUmk
Home  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao_dXfayeGw
Constant Motion  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nEZVpUcJUY
Panic Attack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGirsoHhl8w
Pull Me Under  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXC7hkGg7yM

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 21, 2010, 02:45:07 pm »

Thank Youuuuuuu............ Kiss Kiss

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 22, 2010, 04:24:02 am »

JUST got back form one of the best concerts in the world Smiley BTW i'll give a review after i get back from the Auburn show Wink

Portland OR - 6/21/10

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
CONSTANT MOTION
HOLLOW YEARS ( with extended intro)
MIRROR (with puppies on acid intro)
LIE
A RITE OF PASSAGE (with an Ipad solo)
Home (mike jam off)
Panic Attack (Keytar solo)
As I Am
PULL ME UNDER/METROPOLIS (with Ipad intro, and JP and Jordan riff Duel)
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:29:26 am by w34vi1 » Logged

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 22, 2010, 09:38:43 am »

GREAT setlist!  Can't wait to hear all about your DT experience, Ashly.  Get your rest first, and then come and post for us.  Didja get any pics?

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 22, 2010, 11:54:56 am »

OMG!!! This is really killer set. Can't wait for the videos and reviews.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 23, 2010, 01:02:04 pm »

Auburn WA - 6/22/10

AS I AM
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOME
CONSTANT MOTION
PANIC ATTACK
PULL ME UNDER

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 23, 2010, 02:00:53 pm »

Portland Show review:

First off I was not allowed to take pictures at this show. And the pictures i did try to get on my cellphone fail to no end.

I was located in the 2nd row, on JM's side of the stage... right in FRONT of the speakers (yes i had ear plugs). For some reason every time James ended up near my side of the stage, he would chuckle at four of us in the crowd. Not to mention James had a slight "beef" with some guys in the upper level who has been giving one of the crowd control guys down below some issues.

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER: after starting with psycho, once the thunder began, the black curtain instantly came down and we could see the WHOLE band. The song sounded great for the small venue. There was a LOT of sound in that small space.
CONSTANT MOTION: This song sounded great too. JP did do a little weird riff in the intro, that sounded slight off key, However it added to the charm of the song.
HOLLOW YEARS ( with extended intro)As everyone knows the intro from Budokan, this intro was longer and has a LOT more depth in it. Jordan allowed the keyboard to "wonder" and JP just jammed away his hearts content, while still keeping elements of the solo we know. James also sang that extra verse that MANY of us are unfamiliar with.
MIRROR (with puppies on acid intro): As this song began with the heavy riff, simple enough Mirror, THEN they went "minor" and played a few bars of Puppies, then back to Mirror. Surprised a lot of us.
LIE: segwayed the same way it did on the album. Heavy, full of sound and James even played with the chorus melody a little. during the "Mother Mary, Quite contrary..." verse, James picked two older guys who were drunk in the upper level, and was using them for his own "amusement" "you tell me 'bout your two more comin' but one's just enough for me," The entire time James is looking at them and pointing at them, it was enough they really didn't give the crowd control guys down below any trouble.
A RITE OF PASSAGE (with an Ipad solo): while James did not get is vocals as low as he did in the recording. He did give the song its own charm live. For a band who had spent two weeks straight of playing the same songs, and came off two previous days of rocking, they still gave the song life. For the solo of Jordan's that was very game like, he had a holder for this Ipad, and was showing off his new Ipad app and what it could do. Playing this solo on it like he played his continuum.
Home (mike jam off): Cutting out the long intro from the album, they broke out into the juicy chords before the verse. at the end Mike decides to "solo" and go into a drumming frenzy all the while the lights are reacting to his drumming and strobing along.
Panic Attack (Keytar solo): Strobe is the main way to describe this song. the entire intro was strobed. then right before the verse JP used a very murkey chord to lead the way. towards the middle of the song, James seemed to smack his hand really had with the mic stand, but he didn't throw it at us Cheesy. when Jordan's solo came about, he brought the Keytar out and jammed it with the Johns in the middle of the stage.
As I Am: James had fun with this one. Every time he said "For those who understand, I extend my hand." He would make sure the crowd section he was in front of could nearly touch him. Yet again he made his way to my side, looked at me and a couple of kids and chuckled as he walked back to the center of the stage.
PULL ME UNDER/METROPOLIS (with Ipad intro, and JP and Jordan riff Duel):Half PMU half Metropolis. As the song changed to Metropolis, they decided to have an extra jam off, noodle around. JP started adding little bits of random riffs here and there, even playing like a little kid and just strumming like crazy. Mike kept following and added little random kicks here and there. Jordan grabbed the keytar again and decided to have a Riff off with JP from across the stage. the little duel lasted about 5 min. We did get a little "ass and balls" moment from Mike during once of the verses. While finishing up Mike decided to add to the ending and keep playing. Jordan stopped playing they keys, JP and JM kept holding chords, and James after about a min or two, sat near the drums and just looked at the guys, waiting and sighing. Them Mike, looks around and suddenly ends his drums, leaving the guys hung to dry and finishing their chords a half a beat behind.
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY: This sounded awesome. You can all guess how it sounded leading up the the guitar "solo." once the solo arrived, JP added little extra wails to his time and was getting the crowd to cheer randomly while he was playing. 
Overall that show has been very impressive. A couple of time through Mike the camel would spit and he nails James on the hand and even in the hair... (it was nasty, and without missing a beat James just causally wiped the back of his hand off on his shirt.) For a show that was a 3rd night in a row for them, James sounded in Top form, and the guys gave the show of a life time.

Auburn Show review:
I do have photos and videos from this show, however they camera i was using wasn't the best quality.
 Each song sounded just as good if not better then the Portland show, however a bigger more open venue can do that. Ironically I was just about located in the same stop for this show as I was in the Portland show. Given this was a 4th night in a row for the guys, they sounded like it was the first night.
one thing about the IM show though, the Fans were very rude about DT opening the show. most of them said that at best they would get three songs, and the guys would take all the time soloing for no reason.  By the time Dt reached Home, they had a new bunch of fans. and by the end, IM fans were saying they could not believe DT was that good, and they had to check out their stuff when they got home.
During the show Mike was trying to get fans to throw the horns in the air. He looked over at me, I did it for him, then he kept pointing off from me to my mom (who was right behind me)and help glaring her down trying to get her to do it as well. After three tries mom did it and Mike smiled nodded and went back to jamming. Then throughout AROP Jordan kept glaring at me as well, until i started singing along. Then he smiled and went back to jamming along with his riffs.
Not like i would be hard to miss... I was the one in the crowd with the bright orange bandanna

We didn't end up staying for the IM part of the show. by the end of Dt's set the IM fans were getting very rude and shoving us about. Finally i had enough and just left my spot. When we got back up to the main area, my mom and I pulled off our mosh pit bracelets and gave them to two fans who didn't have much, (they spend their money on two IM shirts and were worried if they had enough money to eat) I hope they got to enjoy the show and got their food like they were talking about Wink

the swag: got the 25th anniversary shirt that was posted here with a piece of each album on it during the Portland show. Then at the Auburn show, my mom bought me the 2010 tour shirt and the 25th anniversary sweatshirt.

(I'll try to put videos and pictures up at a later time.. i'm still trying to see if they are worth posting... bad quality and all)

EDIT: BTW I wish i could figure out three songs that were played over the speakers before and after the show. before was two acoustic covers of DT, with As I Am and Pull me Under... and at the end was a mix of A Rite of Passage, Michal Jackson's Thriller and a Queen song.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:05:11 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: June 23, 2010, 02:13:01 pm »

Wow, Ash, I really enjoyed reading your review =) well, both of them. So detailed and a few moments made me chuckle.

Great to hear you (and apparently DT as well  Wink ) had fun.

Please do upload some pics and videos

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51
  Print  

Jump to: