Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Dream Theater Official World Tour - Reviews, Setlists and Pics here!  (Read 659268 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 09, 2010, 02:42:35 pm »

DATE CHANGE

Fri   Mar 12th (from Mar 11th)    Santiago, Chile    Movistar Arena   

Arkabarca

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2010, 02:53:22 am »

Sorry I haven´t had time to do this but I promised a review so I´ll try to express the best I can, considering my English vocabulary limitations (sorry for all my mistakes)…anyways here I go:

Mexico City, March 7th 2010, exactly 7 pm Bigelf started to play...We (my brother, a friend and I) were arriving to the National Auditorium (one of the best venues in Mexico City) in that moment after eating an hamburger outside and drinking a beer...we stayed just a little outside from our entrance door meanwhile they were playing the first 3 songs (I recognized Portnoy´s voice,  when he thanked after playing Blackball, but we didn´t see him because my brother was finishing his beer  Tongue)...after their 5th song when the people started to feel motivated for their music...THEY STOPPED! ...we said: "What the f*ck?".. they played just 25 minutes!

Well but we went  to see DT so we said: “ok , the main food will start yet”…we waited for 20 minutes more and  at 7.45 pm “Also Sprach Zarathustra” started to sound….and then “A Nightmare to remember”…great sound, great execution…I was trying to sing but I had a terrible sore throat that was affecting me seriously…so I let James Labrie do his job … after that “A Rite of Passage” (my least favorite BC&SL track), “Hollow Years” (JLB like always showing his great quality of voice) by the way in this song James extended the lyrics  between the  “wake me across the water”  and “…and maybe you´ll understand “ parts…someone knows what is the extended lyrics there? …ok, then they continued with “Prophets of War” ,  the amazing “Whiter” (again JLB in his best!) lyrics well recognized by my countrymen fans who were singing loudly more than other song , “The Dance of Eternity” (one of my favorite songs so I include this moment in the highlights of the show)…and then “One Last Time” ….sorry, but maybe this is one of my least favorite track in all the DT history…so I really didn´t enjoy this moment and I noticed the people was returning to their seats…fortunately they continued with a “cheerful” song to animate the audience and although “In the Name of God” in general is not in my Top 15 of my favorite DT  songs , its instrumental section, without doubt, is in my Top 3 and I really enjoyed the virtuosity of every musician, great job! Curious Fact: In a part of this song, JLB tried to raise his microphone´s pedestal to the audience for singing but he accidentally threw it in the fans!!!  It was fun! …Finally “Pull me Under-Metropolis “(I think  the audience in general wasn´t excited like I expected with these songs, I don´t know why) and closing the concert, like every show in this tour, the great The Count of Tuscany…End of the concert:  9.45 pm…exactly 2 hours….

Ok..you think that´s the end of my review…maybe it´s the beginning…and the following I´ll write I´ll do it with all the respect (and mainly with all my honesty) I have to you all JLB members (with the risk you hate me) but especially to this amazing band formed by these absolutely “out of this planet” musicians, but in my humble opinion: maybe it´s the worst tour I´ve ever seen…not in the way you think, because I insist: I can´t discuss the excellent quality and level of the performance of every member of DT  and I know (and understand) they have years and years making awesome records one year and the other on the road which must be so tiring for everyone and maybe that´s the problem, at least in my case, their high level made me more exigent  fan. I didn´t want to know a tendency in their setlists and I wanted to be surprised with an special set in a new Mexican and SouthAmerican Tour but..nope…almost the same setlist than Progressive Nation Tour …In my very humble opinion I felt that set unbalanced, I noticed often many people returning to their seats (opposite to the concert I saw in 2006) and just some guys of  the front rows standing or jumping…I love most of the songs of this setlist but I think many of them weren´t the best option trying to animate the people…I refer some cases like “Propehts of War” and “One Last Time”…and now the most disappointing thing for me: everything indicated to me like they (or their managers) were watching their clocks meanwhile they played…with an awesome precision they finished the concert in 2 exact hours…that finally responding me why those long (and sometimes boring) guitar and keyboard introductions in some songs, why the abuse in the duration of some instrumental sections like in “Pull me Under- Metropolis”, instead of playing more songs …in fact they didn´t allow an “encore” before The Count of Tuscany, a traditional moment of every rock concert (as you know) ,where the audience ask for more and when the band responds to the call it´s very pleasant for the fans…maybe they didn´t because their time was about to finish and perhaps they had another important compromises…After they played the Count of Tuscany, Mike said: “Muchas f*cking Gracias”, the another guys said “goodbye” too  and they gone…and immediately the lights in the Auditorium  were turned on… I could notice in not few faces that they were shocked like “Was that all?”, “Are they sure?”, and some of the guys screaming “otra…otra…otra…” waiting in vain the return of the guys… and I felt a bad taste in my mouth at that moment…disappointed, sad. I highly recommended to go to another friend who was in another place in the Auditorium and immediately after the show he sent to me an SMS in my cell phone “we paid for this?” I felt worse…

Like I said, this is my very humble opinion…I understand they have many places to visit and maybe they are tired…but many of us have to move too many kilometers (1300 in my case) and spend too much money and sacrifice many other things for being there…and I thought it wasn´t fair …I know it wasn´t DT´s fault at all, but it looked like they were running because their next concert the following day in Guadalajara…I really don´t know what happened…

This doesn´t mean that I´ll quit to buy their amazing records or to admire and recognize their virtuosity as a musicians but maybe next time I´ll think twice (or more) for going to another concert.

Sorry for this guys, I hope you don´t hate me…I didn´t want to hurt your feelings…I´m really ashamed with you for writing this but I just tried to be as honest as I can. I would wished to make another kind of review.

If you got here without wishing kicking my ass, thank you very much.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:55:40 am by Arkabarca » Logged

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2010, 05:51:02 am »

Thanks for sharing your review with us Arkabarca!

Although I can't imagine DT show (without forced breaks/ or being reduced due to tech problems) being a disappointment to me, apparently it can be one to others. I didn't quite see what exactly you were disappointed about... the setlist? I agree, it's up to everybody's taste, you can never please everyone. Extended solo sections? Come on, that's an essential part of what DT is about! Rushed encore? As long as there WAS an encore, I don't understand what's to complain about... Only 2 hours of music? But isn't it what every town they play in gets?

I hope you don't take it as a kickass, I'm just trying to figure out why you didn't enjoy the show as much as you'd expected. Considering I have the same problem of covering long distances to see a show, I can relate to the fact that putting so much time, effort and money in that trip you expect it to be paid off.

In fact, this is the first (mostly) negative review I've heard about Mexico City show, many feedbacks I've heard were very positive. As it turns out, that doesn't work for everyone. Well, let's hope you'll have more luck next time you get to see DT  Wink

JLB tried to raise his microphone´s pedestal to the audience for singing but he accidentally threw it in the fans!!!
now, this is what I call PASSION!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 11, 2010, 12:16:20 pm »

JLB tried to raise his microphone´s pedestal to the audience for singing but he accidentally threw it in the fans!!!
now, this is what I call PASSION!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

that would have been an injury (if there was any) to brag about Cheesy

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 12, 2010, 01:55:20 pm »

Guadalajara, Mexico - 3/08/10

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOLLOW YEARS
CONSTANT MOTION
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
(Keyboard Spot)
SACRIFICED SONS
IN THE NAME OF GOD
TAKE THE TIME (including excerpts of Xanadu and Limelight by Rush)

----------------------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 12, 2010, 05:29:15 pm »

I expect something different, I mean the setlist but still amazing though.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 13, 2010, 12:50:15 am »

Santiago, Chile - 3/12/10

A Nightmare To Remember
A Rite of Passage
Hollow Years
Keyboard Solo
Prophets of War
Wither
The Dance of Eternity
One Last Time
The Spirit Carries On (Dedicated to the victims of the earthquake)
In The Name of God

Encore:
The Count of Tuscany

lauraKJLBfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: March 13, 2010, 03:55:14 am »

Santiago, Chile - 3/12/10

A Nightmare To Remember
A Rite of Passage
Hollow Years
Keyboard Solo
Prophets of War
Wither
The Dance of Eternity
One Last Time
The Spirit Carries On (Dedicated to the victims of the earthquake)
In The Name of God

Encore:
The Count of Tuscany

the set list is almost  the same but they played tsco dedicated 2 the people in Chile......take a bow 2 them!!!!!

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 14, 2010, 01:42:20 pm »

Buenos Aires, Argentina - 3/13/10 (Show #1) 

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOLLOW YEARS
(Keyboard Spot)
PROPHETS OF WAR
THE DANCE OF ETERNITY
ONE LAST TIME
THE SPIRIT CARRIES ON
IN THE NAME OF GOD
-----------------------------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY     

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 15, 2010, 12:28:03 am »

Buenos Aires, Argentina - 3/14/10 (Show #2)

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
BEYOND THIS LIFE
THE MIRROR
LIE
WITHER
SOLITARY SHELL
SACRIFICED SONS
PULL ME UNDER/METROPOLIS
--------------------------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY

-- MP joined Bigelf earlier in the night to sing "Money, It's Pure Evil" 

lauraKJLBfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: March 16, 2010, 07:35:51 am »

I noticed that the set list of this part of the tour are becoming more"interesting"than the old part of the tour,like the european skedule
Lie was performed in Milan too  Smiley Smiley
I remembered that JAMES ACtED LIKE A tIGER
He was awesome!!!!
I love the mirror......an incredible & hot song to play live....great choice guys!!!!

lauraKJLBfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: March 17, 2010, 02:07:20 pm »

DREAM tHEAER WAS CONFIRMED ON SUMMERSONIC FEStIVAL IN JAPAN
this is the line up:
   JAY-Z/THE SMASHING PUMPKINS/THE OFFSPRING PIXIES/DREAM THEATER NICKELBACK/A-HA/SUM 41/ORBITAL/JONSI DEADMAU5/SLASH/PENDULUM/
and more.....

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 17, 2010, 02:27:38 pm »

DREAM tHEAER WAS CONFIRMED ON SUMMERSONIC FEStIVAL IN JAPAN
this is the line up:
   JAY-Z/THE SMASHING PUMPKINS/THE OFFSPRING PIXIES/DREAM THEATER NICKELBACK/A-HA/SUM 41/ORBITAL/JONSI DEADMAU5/SLASH/PENDULUM/
and more.....

make sure to have dates too Smiley

August 7th - Osaka, Japan
August 8th -  Tokyo, Japan 

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 17, 2010, 02:28:34 pm »

Porto Alegre, Brazil - 3/16/10

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
(Guitar Spot feat Theme From Schindler's List)
HOLLOW YEARS
CONSTANT MOTION
(Keyboard Spot)
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
THE SPIRIT CARRIES ON
AS I AM
PULL ME UNDER /METROPOLIS
------------------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY   

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 17, 2010, 02:34:30 pm »

Just a friendly reminder to the new people of the board, on the VERY first post of this page I have EVERY tour stop they had and passes plus as many Setlists as I could find linked as well Smiley Check it out Cheesy

http://www.jameslabrie.com/forum/index.php?topic=140.msg1444#msg1444

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51
  Print  

Jump to: