Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 51
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Dream Theater Official World Tour - Reviews, Setlists and Pics here!  (Read 691359 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 08, 2009, 07:00:30 pm »

2nd show in Melbourne confirmed for Tuesday December 8th, 2009

Tue   Dec 08, 2009    Melbourne    Palais Theatre NEW!!!

You all know what that means!  Grin

Patsinger

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 22, 2009, 01:58:59 am »

Hi everyone,

I'm back on board. I'll be in Brussels for Prog Nation.
How will be there?

Cheers,

Patrick

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 23, 2009, 10:42:56 am »

Hi Patrick!  Welcome back! 

.............and SO!!!  We start again!  And Finland has the honour of being the kick off.  Have a great European Fall Tour, guys! 

Remember....those of you who are members, or even those of you who lurk and are thinking of becoming members, please feel free to post all your pics and / or reviews / setlists in this thread ONLY.  If new threads are started, I will merge them to this one.  Yes....I am self diagnosed OCD with my "no clutter" lifestyle.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

On with the show!!!!

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 26, 2009, 04:02:22 am »

Helsinki, Finland - 9/23/09

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOLLOW YEARS
(Quick Keyboard Spot)
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
FORSAKEN
THE SPIRIT CARRIES ON
AS I AM
---------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stockholm, Sweden - 9/25/09

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
THE MIRROR
LIE
(Quick Keyboard Spot)
SACRIFICED SONS
WITHER
THE DANCE OF ETERNITY
(Including impromptu drum solo and several false starts due to power outtage)
ONE LAST TIME
FORSAKEN
IN THE NAME OF GOD
-----------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY

** MP played drums with Bigelf on BLACKBALL earlier in the night

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: September 26, 2009, 04:09:40 am »

Yay, what a great set for Stockholm! The Mirror and Lie, Sacrificed Sons, In the Name of God - awesome, and WIIIIITHER! Oh how I'm dying to hear it played live...

And Erik, we all know you were there  Wink waiting for your review

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: September 26, 2009, 08:13:24 am »

Wow, Stockholm's set list is awesome indeed. I'm longing to hear The Mirror live. I'm ready for Tuesday 29 in Berlin!!!

Greetings,
Henry

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 26, 2009, 01:59:06 pm »

Yes I can asure you it was a magical night!

I was watching this strange band Bigself without much attention when suddely some crazy fool ran out on stage and started hitting the drummers cymbals! They changed seats and he actually in my opinion made them sound better, not that their origional drummer was bad or anything. Roll Eyes

They show was good. Nightmare to Remember totally rocked! I wished I didnt had a seat place when I saw how many that actually bothered to jump! Grin Mike was on FIRE, he spitted, smiled, made flashy improvs all time! Petrucci was into hes playing, Jordan made a cool solo duet with a pre-programmed keyboard, and Myung was where he always is and played! Grin I have to say that James looked pretty tired most time on stage. He sang very good, in tune all time and got all hes screams and notes, but he didnt looked to comfortable. As soon as he could he left the stage. But Im not complaining about that at all.

Btw James seems to have lost weight. 

During the show some funny things happened: Someone throwed some kind of food (hamburger?) to James. He picked it up and said "Sorry man I just ate!". Then he gave it to MP for some reason who looked like he almost was about to eat it, but then throwed it backstage.

During "Dance of Eternity" the drums and the guitar suddenly disappeared. Mike started imidetly to play a solo to entertain the worried crowd. They got the power back and they started to play from the place they were cut, but then after just 5 seconds same thing happened again. Mike laughted and said in the mic "Theres just to much rock going on here tonight! Thats the same riff it was cut on twice, thats the Meshuggah-riff. Sweden dont want those riffs here!"
Then he played another drumsolo for a short while, power went back, then he said "Lets start to play from another part of the song!" Within seconds the band had already came clear from which part they were gonna play from and started to play again. Then the power was gone again!! Now Mike looked very pissed, and he started to play more on hes drums. All the other members left the stage. But then they got it back again and Mike called while laughting "All bandmembers back on stage!". Then it worked for the rest of the show! I sat on spikes for a while, hoping the power wouldnt cut again!!!

Wither, Lie and Count of Tuscany was probably the songs I enjoyed the most. Most of the old songs had been kinda re-made with new solos and stuff! Thats cool.

Cant for them to get back to Sweden again!!

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: September 26, 2009, 02:23:27 pm »

Good to hear you had fun Erik, and I hope DT guys had fun too, despite those sound problems. I heard Swedish crowd handled it very patiently - and besides you've got some drum solos for that  Wink . And the sandwich incident is on youtube, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN7dgvRMuKs

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

Sporky

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 26, 2009, 02:34:35 pm »

Sounds like it was awesome Erik. Smiley  I just watched the sandwich video, funny!

I'd love to go and see DT some time.   Cool

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: September 26, 2009, 03:53:04 pm »

I just can't get over James's awesomeness performing The Mirror & Lie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVdCSnWlilo
it's just a wow  Shocked and the coat is very epic, too =)

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 27, 2009, 02:59:53 am »

Oslo, Norway - 9/26/09

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
(Quick Keyboard Spot)
PROPHETS OF WAR
THE DANCE OF ETERNITY
ONE LAST TIME -
SOLITARY SHELL
IN THE NAME OF GOD
----------------------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY 

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 27, 2009, 04:50:36 am »

Shocked Wow, Erik ! I would give anything to see the setlist you guys got !! How amazingly awesome !! Cool Cool
Glad you had a great time  Wink

I just can't get over James's awesomeness performing The Mirror & Lie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVdCSnWlilo
it's just a wow  Shocked and the coat is very epic, too =)

Oh, how much I agree with you here, Natt ! I love these two songs so much !! And indeed James sounds amazing, my God, only 10 days to go for me and my dream will come true Shocked

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: September 27, 2009, 06:53:37 am »

Thanks for posting that video, Natt. The Mirror is one of my favorite DT's songs and I haven't heard it live yet. I hope they play it in Berlin. And to bring even more adrenaline in me, it wouldn't hurt to hear As I Am too Wink

Patsinger

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 27, 2009, 08:56:11 am »

Yeah! Here's another element of persuation for those who have doubts about James' performance...
James: the king of prog!

See you in Brussels!

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 27, 2009, 12:55:41 pm »

Btw I take back when I said that James looked tired. When I look at vids from the show he actually looked very fired up this night, really enjoying it.
Trying to remember how it was makes us remember wrong things!

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 51
  Print  

Jump to: