Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 51
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Dream Theater Official World Tour - Reviews, Setlists and Pics here!  (Read 692710 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 14, 2009, 08:45:37 pm »

Meet and Greet packages on sale for all European dates!
(Link in purple)

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 15, 2009, 01:08:31 am »

Toronto Show:
A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOLLOW YEARS
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
FORSAKEN
TAKE THE TIME
---------------
RUSH COVER- THE CAMERA EYE (MOVING PICTURES ALBUM)
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY

Hey Donna, Marianne how was the show, AND the cover?

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 15, 2009, 01:48:00 am »

BTW if you check the VERY FIRST post of this topic and you have noticed that I have it say "Setlist" next to each tour date. 1 I was bored and 2. So you can see what the guys have done through out the tour.

I know i've missed a few, but it is hard to find them...

heylchick

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 15, 2009, 03:17:12 am »

Toronto Show:
A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOLLOW YEARS
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
FORSAKEN
TAKE THE TIME
---------------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY

The show was fantastic.  I was surprised that you had arleady put up the setlist.  The one thing that you didn't report was that Mike sang "Bobby Brown" with Zappa plays Zappa. Other than posting the setlist that has already been posted, I will see if i can get pics up within the next couple of days.  Nothing else to say than what else hasn't been.  James sounds better than ever and they all get better like a fine wine.  To my friend Donna.....what can I say I am still glowing   Tongue...muah bella  Kiss

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 15, 2009, 03:22:33 am »

Toronto Show:
A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOLLOW YEARS
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
FORSAKEN
TAKE THE TIME
---------------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY

The show was fantastic.  I was surprised that you had arleady put up the setlist.  The one thing that you didn't report was that Mike sang "Bobby Brown" with Zappa plays Zappa. Other than posting the setlist that has already been posted, I will see if i can get pics up within the next couple of days.  Nothing else to say than what else hasn't been.  James sounds better than ever and they all get better like a fine wine.  To my friend Donna.....what can I say I am still glowing   Tongue...muah bella  Kiss

Gotta love not being at a show AND looking on Mike's forum Smiley
And I didn't find that out TIL... maybe a few mins before i read your post Tongue

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 15, 2009, 06:46:59 am »

Toronto Show:
A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOLLOW YEARS
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
FORSAKEN
TAKE THE TIME
---------------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY

Ahh awesome, Marianne !! You girls had a GREAT setlist ! And seeing Mike sing Bobby Brown ! Cool
Seems you were right by getting something special, the Rush cover !  Cool
Thanks for getting to the forum so fast ! Can't wait to see pics  Smiley

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 15, 2009, 09:21:03 am »

Toronto Show:
A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
HOLLOW YEARS
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
FORSAKEN
TAKE THE TIME
---------------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY

Yes, well, I guess my work here is done!   Cheesy  That indeed was the setlist, and I tell you.  What a show.  I felt like from the moment those lights went down, I was living in a "dream" (no pun intended)  I am ALWAYS and FOREVER in awe at how these 5 men can just play together like that and invoke emotions in me like no band ever before.   The Rush cover was AWESEOME - we almost knew here in YYZ it was coming, but that anticipation of which song they would play is half the fun.  It's not a Rush song that had any radio play, but that's the beauty of it.   My tears flowed like water during Hollow Years, and I just about blew a gasket when Jordan did the intro's to Forsaken and TCOT.  My heart welled with joy to be able to sing those two song nice and loud WITH JAMES in a CROWD that big!   Cry Grin   My husband jokingly warned me that if I cried during TCOT, I would be in "trouble"   Cheesy  I told him, "It's my concert, and I'll cry if I want to!!!!"   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   
James - your voice ....my God help me.  I don't give a crap what anyone says - YOU HAVE PROVEN THEM WRONG, AND should SHUN your critics.  PERIOD.  NO SINGER - NONE....has pulled on my heart strings and manages to produce such emotions that I can not contain.   
The interaction between John P, Jordan and John M was electrifying to me.  Mike - always a crowd PLEASER and a crowd ROWSER (sp?)   They have been doing this for so long together, they just fit so well and I can't IMAGINE WHY anyone in their RIGHT MIND goes and start threads like "who would be good in DT".  Now and forever, that question in moot, and you should have your fool head examined.  And if I sound like a fangirl, to whomever is reading this, then take that attitude somewhere else.  In my world, IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T NEED FIXING. 
My bittersweet end was knowing that the TCOT was the last song.  I cried like a baby during the end of the song. 
Whatta concert.  And yeah, I was the CRAZY blond in the 14th row with the glowsticks haivng a blast!

Very very nice to be close in seating to Marianne, hubby Bob, and bro-in-law Darren (nice to meet you!).  It was wonderful to share the concert, and the glow time!  We also had a nice time hanging out afterwards! 

We do indeed have pictures - I have more of John P though...James does NOT sit still!!!    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  And I don't have the best camera either.   Undecided  But what I did get, I will try to post within the next week.  For now, I am in "recovery", and now, must to return to my normal life as a housewife and mom - so I gotta go do some laundry, and go get my baby from my parents' place!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  In all this, my daughter with the foremost thing in my mind when she said to me BEFORE we left "Mummy, I wanna come see James too!!!"   Cheesy

Marianne - don't forget to include in your pics and little "blurbs" about how you were witness to James before hand with his children and wife.  Amazing that these men have maintained successful households with loving families while doing what they do. 

Enough now......will weed out and post my pics soon.
* Donna floats away to get back into real life

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: August 15, 2009, 11:37:35 am »

it's great you had a blast time, ladies! Waiting for pics Wink

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 15, 2009, 11:50:38 am »

Yes, well, I guess my work here is done!   Cheesy  That indeed was the setlist, and I tell you.  What a show.  I felt like from the moment those lights went down, I was living in a "dream" (no pun intended)  I am ALWAYS and FOREVER in awe at how these 5 men can just play together like that and invoke emotions in me like no band ever before.   The Rush cover was AWESEOME - we almost knew here in YYZ it was coming, but that anticipation of which song they would play is half the fun.  It's not a Rush song that had any radio play, but that's the beauty of it.   My tears flowed like water during Hollow Years, and I just about blew a gasket when Jordan did the intro's to Forsaken and TCOT.  My heart welled with joy to be able to sing those two song nice and loud WITH JAMES in a CROWD that big!   Cry Grin   My husband jokingly warned me that if I cried during TCOT, I would be in "trouble"   Cheesy  I told him, "It's my concert, and I'll cry if I want to!!!!"   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   
James - your voice ....my God help me.  I don't give a crap what anyone says - YOU HAVE PROVEN THEM WRONG, AND should SHUN your critics.  PERIOD.  NO SINGER - NONE....has pulled on my heart strings and manages to produce such emotions that I can not contain.   
The interaction between John P, Jordan and John M was electrifying to me.  Mike - always a crowd PLEASER and a crowd ROWSER (sp?)   They have been doing this for so long together, they just fit so well and I can't IMAGINE WHY anyone in their RIGHT MIND goes and start threads like "who would be good in DT".  Now and forever, that question in moot, and you should have your fool head examined.  And if I sound like a fangirl, to whomever is reading this, then take that attitude somewhere else.  In my world, IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T NEED FIXING. 
My bittersweet end was knowing that the TCOT was the last song.  I cried like a baby during the end of the song. 
Whatta concert.  And yeah, I was the CRAZY blond in the 14th row with the glowsticks haivng a blast!

Very very nice to be close in seating to Marianne, hubby Bob, and bro-in-law Darren (nice to meet you!).  It was wonderful to share the concert, and the glow time!  We also had a nice time hanging out afterwards! 

We do indeed have pictures - I have more of John P though...James does NOT sit still!!!    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  And I don't have the best camera either.   Undecided  But what I did get, I will try to post within the next week.  For now, I am in "recovery", and now, must to return to my normal life as a housewife and mom - so I gotta go do some laundry, and go get my baby from my parents' place!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  In all this, my daughter with the foremost thing in my mind when she said to me BEFORE we left "Mummy, I wanna come see James too!!!"   Cheesy

Marianne - don't forget to include in your pics and little "blurbs" about how you were witness to James before hand with his children and wife.  Amazing that these men have maintained successful households with loving families while doing what they do. 

Enough now......will weed out and post my pics soon.
* Donna floats away to get back into real life

Ooh Donna, YOU, as no other can discribe exactly how I feel during a DT show and therefor I was so excited to read your review, thanks for that  Kiss
I'm sooo happy to hear you had such a great time !! Please show your pics no matter how good your camera is  Cheesy
Victoria said that to ya ?!  Cheesy Well, my sons are drawing beatiful things that they want me to bring along to the meet and greet with DT, you know..one for James, one for Mike...Grin
And Luuk asked me when it's time for his first DT show  Grin
Enjoy the 'aftershow awe mood' you're in, sweetie !  Cheesy Wink

heylchick

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 15, 2009, 12:50:40 pm »

Well said Donna!  All the things that we all share put eloquantly into words...well done my dear.

Any Dream Theater show for me is a trance-like experience for me.  Somehow, someway these songs speak to me and helps me make sense of the chaos of life.  Call it spirtuality, call it healing or just call it music for what it is. These men are the MOST talented, down-to-earth musicians I know of.  As for the show last night in particular, TCOT was the clincher that moved me to the core.  There is no words to describe the emotion that not just I, but the entire crowd collectivley felt as James orchestrated his way into each and every one of us.

To Donna....It was great again to share this experience with you.   Thanks again for a great time and all the laughs we shared.  We will do it soon enough bella...not too later though  Kiss 

Pictures witll be up soon enough....gotta lot of stuff to do this weekend, let-alone this week.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:45:17 pm by heylchick » Logged

Jacob

Be real and speak your mind!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 15, 2009, 06:30:57 pm »

That was so cool, Donna! Your hapiness "contaminated" me! I could hear you shouting. Thanks for sharing with us. Brazil has waited too long for that kind of thrill. But I feel our time is coming up!  Wink

"The moment may be brief, but it can be so bright..."

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 15, 2009, 06:45:10 pm »

Now i keep my fingers crossed for Spring

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 15, 2009, 09:27:52 pm »

For those of us who missed the action, here is The Camera Eye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y_e6HW09T8

And ANTR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40zNFS3HC-4
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:30:22 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 15, 2009, 11:28:16 pm »

Ooh Donna, YOU, as no other can discribe exactly how I feel during a DT show and therefor I was so excited to read your review, thanks for that  Kiss

Caroline, I am being open and honest now.  I write these things from the bottom of my heart, hon.  I want to come by completely genuine with what I have said.  I have no ulterior motive...believe me.   I sang to my heart's content, and didn't care ....we wore our glow bracelets, and I am NOT hiding who I am anymore.  I am proud to be doing this, and proud to call myself a fan and how this band's music has touched my heart, my soul and my life.  I know they must here this a lot, and maybe get a bit  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes about it, but you feel it when you hear a song like TCOT or ANTR ...and older songs like ACOS or LTL get played live.  It's that one lyric.....or one line.......
Hey, laugh at me for crying at a concert............I don't care!  My tears are REAL.  My happiness and enthusiasm are not because I WANT anything.  It's because this band just KNOWS what to write about and sing...it just ALWAYS happens to be WHEN I need to hear it......and THIS is what floors me.  So when it is played LIVE.......mama just looses it....and doesn't care who is watching. 

Sorry....didn't mean to babble.  I am still on a DT hangover....I may be this way for a while..... Cry Smiley

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 15, 2009, 11:30:10 pm »

Caroline, I am being open and honest now.  I write these things from the bottom of my heart, hon.  I want to come by completely genuine with what I have said.  I have no ulterior motive...believe me.   I sang to my heart's content, and didn't care ....we wore our glow bracelets, and I am NOT hiding who I am anymore.  I am proud to be doing this, and proud to call myself a fan and how this band's music has touched my heart, my soul and my life.  I know they must here this a lot, and maybe get a bit  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes about it, but you feel it when you hear a song like TCOT or ANTR ...and older songs like ACOS or LTL get played live.  It's that one lyric.....or one line.......
Hey, laugh at me for crying at a concert............I don't care!  My tears are REAL.  My happiness and enthusiasm are not because I WANT anything.  It's because this band just KNOWS what to write about and sing...it just ALWAYS happens to be WHEN I need to hear it......and THIS is what floors me.  So when it is played LIVE.......mama just looses it....and doesn't care who is watching. 

Sorry....didn't mean to babble.  I am still on a DT hangover....I may be this way for a while..... Cry Smiley
Sometimes things like this are best left to be described by the man of the forum:

(this has got to be one of the best pictures of james i have found online)  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 51
  Print  

Jump to: