Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Dream Theater Official World Tour - Reviews, Setlists and Pics here!  (Read 659301 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 06, 2009, 06:04:28 pm »

here are some pictures from the Albany show

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?high=&m=2386423&mpage=1#2386446

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 06, 2009, 08:15:31 pm »

The last show I went to people actually asked me to sit because they couldnt see since THEY were sitting.  I looked at them like they were nuts.  I have NEVER sat at a concert.  EVER.   Angry

Really?! I go to alot of concerts, everybody from Metallica to Barbra Streisand, and alot of times, I'm in the upper section. Not alot of people standing up there. And believe me, when you go to some of the "slower" concerts where the majority of the audience is older than you, everybody's pretty much sitting!! Wink

I am an older fan, and it is nearly impossible for me to stand in line for hours only to stand for the show as well......it isn't a matter of wanting to or not, it is a matter of a body that cannot take that kind of abuse.....does that mean I am not allowed to enjoy the show from a seated position??

I hear ya, I'm an older fan, too. For the most part, I am sitting for a show. For DT, I'm usually standing, and the past week, I've been paying for it with my legs & feet being sore the next day. One night, I was awoken to the worst cramp in my leg. It took a while to get that out!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 08:18:35 pm by Andie1928 » Logged

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Underground

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 06, 2009, 10:43:24 pm »

Well..I guess I should explain.  I dont really go to a lot of slower bands where people sit during the show.  If Im at Metallica... or if anyone is.. how the hell do you sit??   Ive seen Crue twice in the last year.. no one in NY was sitting.  Saw Van Halen.. no one sitting.  Metallica twice.. no one sitting.. in fact I was actually amazed how insane the pits were for them!  Havent seen that since the Justice tour!  Anyway.. Im just supirsed at a rock show this would occur. 

Im not young anymore myself, but its almost a thing of respect to some bands.  The last time I saw DT was the first time I have seen a lot of people sitting.  It just suprised me.  And I did sit so the people behind me could see.. so Im not that much of an ass.  lol 

And how the hell did you get dragged to a Barbra Streisand concert?HuhHuh?    Shocked 

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 07, 2009, 12:12:30 am »

Well..I guess I should explain.  I dont really go to a lot of slower bands where people sit during the show.  If Im at Metallica... or if anyone is.. how the hell do you sit??   Ive seen Crue twice in the last year.. no one in NY was sitting.  Saw Van Halen.. no one sitting.  Metallica twice.. no one sitting.. in fact I was actually amazed how insane the pits were for them!  Havent seen that since the Justice tour!  Anyway.. Im just supirsed at a rock show this would occur. 

Im not young anymore myself, but its almost a thing of respect to some bands.  The last time I saw DT was the first time I have seen a lot of people sitting.  It just suprised me.  And I did sit so the people behind me could see.. so Im not that much of an ass.  lol 

Well, a rock concert I can see.

And how the hell did you get dragged to a Barbra Streisand concert?HuhHuh?    Shocked 

Dragged??! I don't get dragged anywhere. My musical tastes are very diverse and I've loved Barbra ever since I was a kid. I've also seen Tony Bennett, Liza Minnelli, Neil Diamond(twice), & Barry Manilow(4 times). And then I've seen Metallica 7 times, Queensryche 8 times, Aerosmith 4 times, Extreme 8 times, Rush 4 times, Def Leppard 6 times, etc. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just making a point. And I wasn't dragged to any of these shows. Wink

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 07, 2009, 01:12:15 am »

Dragged??! I don't get dragged anywhere. My musical tastes are very diverse and I've loved Barbra ever since I was a kid. I've also seen Tony Bennett, Liza Minnelli, Neil Diamond(twice), & Barry Manilow(4 times). And then I've seen Metallica 7 times, Queensryche 8 times, Aerosmith 4 times, Extreme 8 times, Rush 4 times, Def Leppard 6 times, etc. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just making a point. And I wasn't dragged to any of these shows. Wink

for your comment i have started a new thread wondering who everyone on the forum has seen and how many times Smiley
http://www.jameslabrie.com/forum/index.php?topic=398.0

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 07, 2009, 01:24:56 am »

for your comment i have started a new thread wondering who everyone on the forum has seen and how many times Smiley

Thanks,  Ash, you didn't have to do that. I didn't mean to come off bitchy. Sometimes I can get a bit brash and I don't mean to be. Sorry about that. Embarrassed

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 07, 2009, 05:53:12 am »

Well, we were sitting during Neal Morse's show in Gelsenkirchen, but as soon as DT started we stand up  Cool
Although through the years I must say, it's very exhausting to attend a DT show, but I'm sorry, there's no way I can or will sit during a DT show  Grin

mattc23

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 07, 2009, 12:46:28 pm »

Thanks.  I read on this forum that ZPZ played for 1:20 and DT played for 1:40 and that's what it turned out to be.  Too bad.  Yes, the crowd stood, thank God!

Anyone have an idea of how long the 2 opening bands play for, and/or what time ZPZ comes on?  I don't have much interest in seeing anyone but Zappa and Dream Theater, and it would be great to have an estimate of when to go in.  Ticket for tonight at Asbury Park says 6:00 pm showtime.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 07, 2009, 02:56:00 pm »

Thanks,  Ash, you didn't have to do that. I didn't mean to come off bitchy. Sometimes I can get a bit brash and I don't mean to be. Sorry about that. Embarrassed

No it was a good thing.... that and it might help keep this board about the current tour with the guys  Cheesy

after reading a bunch of tour experiences i thought it might have been time to have another topic so we could expand on those experiences  Wink

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 08, 2009, 12:21:30 am »

Set List for the NJ show

A Nightmare to remember
A Rite of passage
Beyond This Life
Erotomania
Voices
Solitary Shell
In The name of God
The Count of Tuscany

according to some on Mikes forum, this was kind of a bad show, not from the guys but the venue itself.  Sad The guys were awesome, but the sound quality from the venue was enough that many feel it wasn't a full experience, If you happened to go to this show, please elaborate about this.

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 08, 2009, 05:14:30 am »

Some said the sound was great Ash  Wink It seems it differs a lot from where you stand or sit during the show.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 08, 2009, 02:55:47 pm »

Some said the sound was great Ash  Wink It seems it differs a lot from where you stand or sit during the show.
That's what I figured... i just wanted to confirm  Cheesy

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 09, 2009, 01:09:11 am »

Brookhaven, Long Island, NY- 8/8/09

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
A RITE OF PASSAGE
MISUNDERSTOOD
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
FORSAKEN
(Quick Keyboard Spot)
SACRIFICED SONS
AS I AM
------------------
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY 

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 09, 2009, 01:18:12 am »

Wow, this setlist is longer so far  Cool

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 09, 2009, 11:04:48 pm »

NYC Show

A Nightmare To Remember
A Right Of Passage
Hollow Years
Prophets Of War
The Dance Of Eternity
One Last Time
The Count Of Tuscany
-----------------------------
Metropolis I: The Miracle and The Sleeper

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51
  Print  

Jump to: