Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 51
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Dream Theater Official World Tour - Reviews, Setlists and Pics here!  (Read 692762 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: August 02, 2009, 10:17:41 pm »

Setlist for the Boston Show (thank you Jordan for putting it on your video  Cheesy )

(intro tape)
A Nightmare to Remember
A Right of passage
Hollow Years
Prophets of War
The Dance Of Eternity
One Last Time
Solitary Shell
In The Name of God

Encore:
(intro tape)
The Count Of Tuscany

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 02, 2009, 10:39:07 pm »

Setlist for the Boston Show (thank you Jordan for putting it on your video  Cheesy )

(intro tape)
A Nightmare to Remember
A Right of passage
Hollow Years
Prophets of War
The Dance Of Eternity
One Last Time
Solitary Shell
In The Name of God

Encore:
(intro tape)
The Count Of Tuscany

Haven't seen the video, but I'm assuming it was like last night, where when Jordan was being shown on the big screen, you could see half of the page where the setlist is on his keyboard. You only need to see the left half to figure out what all the songs are!! Tongue

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 02, 2009, 10:53:51 pm »

Ok, but I am totally loving Jordan's video diary.  I think it's awesome how he let's us into these "moments"
while on the "off" times.   It's like "Wow, I wonder what they did today..."   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 03, 2009, 09:30:57 am »

I totally agree with you Donna !  Cheesy

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2009, 04:06:16 pm »

Ok, but I am totally loving Jordan's video diary.  I think it's awesome how he let's us into these "moments"
while on the "off" times.   It's like "Wow, I wonder what they did today..."   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Or... what trouble is Jordan AND James causing today  Cheesy Cheesy

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2009, 08:15:27 pm »

Yeah, really!! Just a couple of scamps!! Wink

Hey, anybody know where that video is of them at the truck stop? I can't seem to find it.

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 04, 2009, 01:06:36 am »

Yeah, really!! Just a couple of scamps!! Wink

Hey, anybody know where that video is of them at the truck stop? I can't seem to find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmxUUSyy0LQ&feature=channel
AND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUacfF7kzJw&feature=channel

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: August 04, 2009, 02:25:52 am »

World famous pirate...  Grin

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 04, 2009, 03:07:14 am »

Where is that picture when you need it (a few should know exactly what i am talking about)

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: August 04, 2009, 03:55:11 am »

Where is that picture when you need it (a few should know exactly what i am talking about)

did you mean this one?

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 04, 2009, 03:57:49 am »

did you mean this one?

YES thank you! I seem to have misplaced it  Cheesy

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2009, 03:05:38 pm »

Since when did JLB go all yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum?!  Cheesy

When this press photo:

came out...

THIS

resulted

That and Jordan calling James Pirate all the time  Cheesy

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: August 04, 2009, 03:16:41 pm »

That and Jordan calling James Pirate all the time  Cheesy

why, this nickname suits him perfectly  Cheesy

goodco

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 04, 2009, 04:14:08 pm »

Just doing a follow up after having a few days to recover from two DTs in two days:

I'm going to upgrade reviews of certain tracks over the two days of Philly and Columbia/Metro DC.
After all, I wasn't crazy about 'As I Am' or 'Ministry of Lost Souls' until the DC concert last year.  Now, well, I like 'em quite well and were perfect for where they were in the set list.  Moving on..........

Prophets of War...... knowing they might do it, and then doing it two days in a row, I was unexcited, but.....due to the crowd response, it jumps up to a B+.  

Columbia, and seeing 'In The Name of God', and listening to the live and studio versions over the past couple of days, it goes up to a 'A-' as well.  I was just sad that, due to my watch, I knew that was it for the concert proper, and most likely they'd do 'Counts' as an encore.   Which is what happened.

I'm old, and old school, so I thought perhaps 'Constant Motion', 'As I Am', etc.....shorter tracks to grab an audience.  Please Mr. Portnoy, don't direct 'Never Enough' towards me.  I am simply commenting.  Although........I wish 'Nightmare' was cut to 12 minutes, and 'Count' down to about 15.  Loved the video backdrop to JP's slide of this song.  Really set a mood.  Silver snowflakes/metal shavings....wunderbar.

The medleys:   I don't get to see all the shows, so I want the third track attached.  Please come back and do a 'Night of Dream Theater'.  Glad I got to see Erotomania/Voices in Philly, but I wish............

Glad I got to see 'Dance of Eternity'/'One Last Time'........but I wish..........

oh, and here's a link to a great version of 'The Spririt Carries On' from, of all places, Bulgaria, during this tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXqYuK6eXoM

Glad I got to see the terrific extended version of 'Solitary Shell', but I wish..........

Now, as for 'Sacrificed Sons'...........my grade goes up to A++++++.  I'd kill for a live video, with a camera sitting still, showing the band and the screen.  Words cannot describe.  Plus, MP goes crazy at the end.

and, while I'm at it.........JM goes crazy all the time.  The crowd generally focuses on the rest of the band.  While a normal bassist would just move his right hand on occasion, this dude goes lead forever, but.........do we notice it?   Mr. Myung, you are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

recently................at  www.dreamtheater.net there are 'blogs' to post on each show

lastly...........Paul McCartney was playing in DC that night.  No wonder the crowd was smaller than expected.

and, btw, why didn't you guys stop in your limo and say hello in the lot at Columbia.  We were the guys in the Sgt Pepper and Queen tee shirts.  just kidding.  nice ride, dudes

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 06:26:27 pm by goodco » Logged

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 04, 2009, 06:17:18 pm »

I love the reviews, and yes the grades are opinion...

but sometimes the guys can have bad nights, and good nights...

I guess this is just me as someone who is has yet to see them live.

and for those who see the guys multiple nights in a row, and then say they are disappointed in the show, its not a "never enough" moment, its more of a "your lucky they are a band who likes to change up their set list, town to town, tour to tour." moment.

They can't please everyone... but at least they can make a few happy when they can

i donno... thats just me...
[/ramble rant]

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 51
  Print  

Jump to: