Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Dream Theater Official World Tour - Reviews, Setlists and Pics here!  (Read 692743 times)
lutima

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 31, 2009, 03:32:15 am »

Aahh, you see Marianne, I told you things would turn out great !  Kiss
Very sweet of you and Glenn to help out, Donna  Kiss
OK...it's time for pics soon  Smiley both from the kitchen and the glowsticks  Wink

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 31, 2009, 08:56:17 am »

Awwwwwwwwwww.....yer too sweet, honey.  It's our pleasure - that's what Glenn does; he makes your kitchen cabinet dreams a reality.  Hey, you know, Caroline, I might just start a thread in the Bar about this kitchen reno!  Whaddya think, Marianne?  Shall we let the world in and have our own little HGTV showing the metamorphose of your kitchen?  I have the "before" pics (I think.....).

Oooppss.....sorry...this is the CONCERT thread!   

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2009, 10:26:49 am »

Awwwwwwwwwww.....yer too sweet, honey.  It's our pleasure - that's what Glenn does; he makes your kitchen cabinet dreams a reality.  Hey, you know, Caroline, I might just start a thread in the Bar about this kitchen reno!  Whaddya think, Marianne?  Shall we let the world in and have our own little HGTV showing the metamorphose of your kitchen?  I have the "before" pics (I think.....).

Cheesy that's what I thought later....ooops, this IS the concert thread !  Grin

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2009, 01:59:08 pm »

Cheesy that's what I thought later....ooops, this IS the concert thread !  Grin

But it was so entertaining to read Smiley

goodco

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2009, 01:56:52 pm »

Philly Tower

First time poster.........35 year Queen fan, 10 year DT fan........seeing them tonight at Merriweather.  Three times previous to this tour.   Now it's twice in two nights. 

Sad set list...........Nightmare, Passages, Hollow Years (this was FAB!!!!), Erotomania/Voices (also damn good with the 'crucifix' segment removed), Prophets of War, Count

Metropolis/Petrucci Rudess Solo/ Metropolis finish

Lighting was terrific!  Better than DC last year. 

They survived the Spinal Tap moment after 'Psycho' as the netting hung up on Petrucci's side for about 30 seconds.

No mention by LaBrie of this incident.

I miss Ant Odyssey. 

Zappa Meets Zappa are superb. 

Bigelf is a joke.

Scale The Summit is good, but young.

I hope the setlist is different tonight.  It just didn't grab us last night, and was damn short.

joe+wife+dream dog and tennessee friend
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 01:43:36 pm by goodco » Logged

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2009, 02:10:22 pm »

Welcome, goodco.  Great to have a new member here.  That setlist sounds like it would be killer to me, but that's just me.  See...we didn't get DT here in Toronto last year, so I will take them anyway, anyhow this year.  Nonetheless, have a great time at the show tonight!  Post up the setlist if you are so inclined..... Wink Grin

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2009, 02:27:01 pm »

Welcome goodco!

Just be happy you are seeing/have seen them live... some of us members don't have the luxury right now Wink

JPM7stringfan

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2009, 07:02:46 pm »

Welcome aboard goodco!

This past Tuesday was my first time seeing DT live too.

Atlanta's setlist was great, but I wish we'd have gotten Erotomania/Voices. (maybe next time!) Grin

goodco

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2009, 01:56:13 am »

Merriweather in Columbia, MD rocked tonight.

Due to seeing DT last night, we took off later to avoid Bigelf and got hung up in O's-RedSox traffic.....and missed Queensryche.  Sigh.  Would appreciate any comments.

Crowd size was above average for this venue, but not close to a sell out.

Dweezil and gang were once again superb.

Now, for the good stuff.

The boys were great tonight.  I will always feel cheated due to them playing less than 100 minutes, but it was a great show, a very responsive crowd, and much better sound than last night.  An outdoor venue allows that.  Good sound engineering helps.  No earplugs needed, and my ears are only slightly buzzing though I was only 15 rows from center stage.  Feet and legs are tired from having to stand the whole show (not complaining). Moving on...........

Psycho
Nightmare (no Spinal Tap moment, as the curtain dropped all at once;-))  Grade: A-
Prophets of War:  C+

Our favorite of the night:  Sacrificed Sons.  A+ on everything.  Very emotional in all regards (duh, that's an earth shattering opinion), especially with the video backdrop.

Rites of Passage: B+

Dance of Eternity / One Last Time, and...........nope, ....sorry, ....no Spirit Carries On.  Damn....DT gets a hold of you emotionally, the Pavlovian instincts kick in, but one is left hanging.  Grade: A- (or is it an incomplete?)

Solitary Shell..........superb extended version.  Loved it!   So did the crowd.  First time I've seen JP in person with a 12 string.  But, once again.........saliva begins to form, and...and... no About To Crash / Grand Finale.  Damnit.  Two times left without the cracker. See above grade.

In The Name of God:  not a favorite and yet damn good.  Went back to the lawn area and watched the 'youngsters' head bang and do a semi- mosh pit routine.  Ahh, to be young again.  Grade:  B+

Encore:  The Count.  Anyone ever heard the Brian May and Roger Taylor benefit track 'Say It's Not True' (alternate version included on the Queen+Paul Rodgers LP)?.  I swear the last seven minutes are an extended and modified version with different lyrics.  Grade:  A-.  As a finale, it is difficult for some of the crowd, because they've had a long night and won't shut up during the intro and 'mellow' guitar solo.  Grade: A-

Glad I got to see them two nights in a row.  They never cease to amaze me with their individual abilities.

btw, thanks for your kind words of welcome.  This site was very helpful in preparing us for what was in store.  Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:44:38 am by goodco » Logged

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2009, 02:28:29 am »

DAMN!!!!

WHY WON'T LIVE NATION LET THEM STOP IN MY AREA  Sad THESE ARE AWESOME SETLISTS...

and with watching all the behind the scenes stuff from Jordan on youtube... I'm sad I have to wait for spring dates to possibly stop in my area  Cry

PICTURES???!!!!?HuhWink

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2009, 08:43:56 am »

I didnt understand, what incident happened with petrucci?

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2009, 09:26:14 am »

OK.  SS AND ITNOG?Huh??  I would have peed myself over that alone. I can only hope for an awesome setlist like this in Toronto, are you kidding?  I mean, frankly, I don't care if I ever hear "Spirit Carries On".  I know it's a rock ballad that means a lot to fans, but to me, it's not a big deal.  SS and ITNOG in the same list though.....holy....sounds like a great concert.....12 days to go..........once again, thanks for the review.....

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 02, 2009, 01:29:08 pm »

for those who are unable to attend like me, but want to see the updates Jordan puts up

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCRUDESS

There are many videos of him, and James causing trouble.... and the recent one they stopped at a truck stop, so now its Mike, Jordan and James causing trouble  Cheesy

the videos are very insightful, and funny

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 02, 2009, 06:30:11 pm »

Merriweather in Columbia, MD rocked tonight.

Due to seeing DT last night, we took off later to avoid Bigelf and got hung up in O's-RedSox traffic.....and missed Queensryche.  Sigh.  Would appreciate any comments.

Crowd size was above average for this venue, but not close to a sell out.

Dweezil and gang were once again superb.

Now, for the good stuff.

The boys were great tonight.  I will always feel cheated due to them playing less than 100 minutes, but it was a great show, a very responsive crowd, and much better sound than last night.  An outdoor venue allows that.  Good sound engineering helps.  No earplugs needed, and my ears are only slightly buzzing though I was only 15 rows from center stage.  Feet and legs are tired from having to stand the whole show (not complaining). Moving on...........

Psycho
Nightmare (no Spinal Tap moment, as the curtain dropped all at once;-))  Grade: A-
Prophets of War:  C+

Our favorite of the night:  Sacrificed Sons.  A+ on everything.  Very emotional in all regards (duh, that's an earth shattering opinion), especially with the video backdrop.

Rites of Passage: B+

Dance of Eternity / One Last Time, and...........nope, ....sorry, ....no Spirit Carries On.  Damn....DT gets a hold of you emotionally, the Pavlovian instincts kick in, but one is left hanging.  Grade: A- (or is it an incomplete?)

Solitary Shell..........superb extended version.  Loved it!   So did the crowd.  First time I've seen JP in person with a 12 string.  But, once again.........saliva begins to form, and...and... no About To Crash / Grand Finale.  Damnit.  Two times left without the cracker. See above grade.

In The Name of God:  not a favorite and yet damn good.  Went back to the lawn area and watched the 'youngsters' head bang and do a semi- mosh pit routine.  Ahh, to be young again.  Grade:  B+

Encore:  The Count.  Anyone ever heard the Brian May and Roger Taylor benefit track 'Say It's Not True' (alternate version included on the Queen+Paul Rodgers LP)?.  I swear the last seven minutes are an extended and modified version with different lyrics.  Grade:  A-.  As a finale, it is difficult for some of the crowd, because they've had a long night and won't shut up during the intro and 'mellow' guitar solo.  Grade: A-

Glad I got to see them two nights in a row.  They never cease to amaze me with their individual abilities.

btw, thanks for your kind words of welcome.  This site was very helpful in preparing us for what was in store.  Keep up the good work.

Goodco, welcome to the JLB forum!!

I was at the Merriweather show, too!! Row S in the Center. Really good seats!!

Just got home as we went to Kings Dominion today, and no access to a computer, until we did get home.

Nice to see somebody post a review besides me(although I certainly don't mind it at all!!)!!

My opinion of the night --

ANOTHER AWESOME CROWD, really into the show, stayed standing through all of DT, and even gave each opening band a standing ovation. How great was that?

James has been sounding incredible on this tour, and he sounded especially amazing on ITNOG.

Whenever they showed Jordan on the big screen, you could see half his setlist so I think everybody knew what was going to be played next!!

Could've done without the couple in front of me, who had their hands on each other all through the night. *puke* Great, you're in a relationship, I came to see this band, not your public displays of affection. It was another episode of the boyfriend bringing the girlfriend, who is so not into DT. I didn't think he was either at first, because he didn't seem like he was into the show, but he also noticed Jordan's setlist, and he motioned to his friend who was with them "2 more songs", then "1 more song" so it was obvious he was familiar with the music. I just kept thinking "Why don't you just LEAVE??" Angry

JM & JP did a meet&greet yesterday afternoon at a place called Chuck Klein's Washington Music Center. I mentioned to JP about the Asheville show, and he was saying what a great show that was because the audience was so into it the whole night, as opposed to the Clearwater crowd. I apologized about Clearwater and told him how embarrassed I was about them. A couple other things were said, I don't remember everything, I never do!! But it's pretty much to the effect that the guys notice stuff like that. I can't imagine how that makes them feel to have an audience act that way. I'm hoping that the "love" they're getting from other shows overshadows the response from Clearwater.

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Underground

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 02, 2009, 09:07:45 pm »

Im seeing DT Saturday on Long Island and Sunday at the Beacon Theatre!  I cant wait! 

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51
  Print  

Jump to: