Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 51
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Dream Theater Official World Tour - Reviews, Setlists and Pics here!  (Read 699186 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2009, 02:56:59 pm »

Great stuff, Andie!  We'll be waiting, girlfriend....

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2009, 05:05:07 pm »

Hey Andie !!!! Great to hear from you  Smiley
You got some awesome setlist last night !  Shocked Shocked Any pics or so ?

1) A Nightmare To Remember   
2) Prophets Of War   
3) Sacrificed Sons   
4) Misunderstood   
5) A Rite Of Passage 
(keyboard solo)
6) Take The Time

----------
7) The Count Of Tuscany

OK...bring this to Holland  Grin Wink

Oops, my bad, I just noticed you posted last night's setlist!!! Wink

I thought you already saw them & I was going to ask you how your meet&greet went.

Nop,  I did see them in Gelsenkirchen June 24th, but the m&g will be at PN09 in Rotterdam, October 7th, so still very excited here  Wink I'm sure you would have known if I did have the m&g yet  Cheesy
Can't wait to see your pics though, Andie !

For those who are interested, here's Hollow Years from Miami, July 24th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSa-CxOwPqI&feature=related

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2009, 05:19:23 pm »

Update from Jordan, look at this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v8-_sOUj0w&feature=channel

Gotta love James  Grin
 Wink

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2009, 05:27:20 pm »

Gotta love James  Grin
 Wink

"all we need is You. Just one person. and we will PLAY!"
awesome  Cheesy

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2009, 09:57:10 pm »

Gotta love James  Grin
 Wink

Ok,  Honestly.  I was having a kind of depressing day and that just made me LOL so bad. 

Yes indeed, you gots to love that man's sense of canuck humour!
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2009, 10:09:13 am »

Gotta love James  Grin
 Wink

Loved that video!! James kills me!! Yes, driving from my house to Clearwater yesterday, it rained off & on. It was OK when I got into CW but wouldn't you know it as soon as I pulled onto the Ruth Eckerd parking lot, it started raining again, really hard. Sat in my car for 25 min waiting for it to die down, but it didn't, and I wanted to get in there. I had an umbrella which I really didn't want to take inside, but you do what you have to do(all in the name of DT!! Grin). Managed to stay dry getting there except my shoes, so had wet feet the rest of the night. Angry

Setlist -

A couple changes

ANTR(I CANNOT get enough of the "Hopelessly drifting" part!, seriously, I always feels like I'm being lifted a couple feet off the ground)
AROP
Hollow Years
TDOE
One Last Time
Solitary Shell
TCOT(Donna, you better go buy yourself some Depends now, looks like that song is a mainsstay in their set, including your show)

Encore:
Metropolis

It was awesome that James acknowledged Ruth Eckerd Hall, that is a great venue. I've seen a few shows there, not a bad seat in the place. Last year, when I saw that DT was booked there, I let out such a scream, I scared my animals out of the room!!

On the downside though, let me just tell you how truly embarrassed I was at the Clearwater audience though. Not soon after DT came on stage. half the crowd started sitting down. Mike kept motioning to them to get back up. While they were playing, he would point his drumstick to parts of the crowd and "swoop" his arm up as if to say "GET UP!!" He did this a few times, then just gave up, and I could tell he was aggravated. Really a shame. A bunch of lame-o's.

Something like this happened last year, I was 2nd row, standing up, and the 1st row was up, too. People off on the left side kept yelling for the 1st row to sit down. Um, idiots, the whole point of being up front is to stand up through the whole show. I mean nobody said anything to me, but these people paid good money to be up front, and for what, so they could SIT during DT? I don't think so. I stood all through the show last night and nobody said anything to me again, thankfully.

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2009, 10:24:40 am »

@ Andie - I am RUNNING to Walmart right now, to get those and I have NO idea how I am gonna get a box of Kleenex into my little backpack!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, it sucks when a crowd behaves more like they are watching opera when they are at a rock concert.  I mean, you wanna stand up..........sing......cheer.......it's a great release of stress as well.  I know that I can't wait for our concert here, and I am praying that we are sitting around people who aren't such a stick in the mud.  What really makes me go  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes BIG TIME is when these guys bring their girlfriends that obviously don't want to be there, and they are ......"like......soooooooooooooo bored, like you know?".  Well...STAY HOME.  And don't force your fake nailed, obviously uninterested girlfriends to the show if they don't wanna be there.  Same goes for these people who bash the band, but go see them anyways to critique them more.    Save your money, and stop peeing on my lawn, ya know?

I understand you, completely.  I am hoping to have a great time.  I am even going to go and get some of those glow sticks that you can turn into necklaces and bracelets.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm....pink, or blue for me? 

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2009, 10:27:04 am »

I was wondering about one part of HY, I'm sure somebody can answer me on this. Between the lyrics "Walk me across the water AND "And maybe you'll understand", what is James singing? It sounds soooo familiar but I just can't pin it down.

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2009, 11:01:53 am »

@ Andie - I am RUNNING to Walmart right now, to get those and I have NO idea how I am gonna get a box of Kleenex into my little backpack!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, it sucks when a crowd behaves more like they are watching opera when they are at a rock concert.  I mean, you wanna stand up..........sing......cheer.......it's a great release of stress as well.  I know that I can't wait for our concert here, and I am praying that we are sitting around people who aren't such a stick in the mud.  What really makes me go  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes BIG TIME is when these guys bring their girlfriends that obviously don't want to be there, and they are ......"like......soooooooooooooo bored, like you know?".  Well...STAY HOME.  And don't force your fake nailed, obviously uninterested girlfriends to the show if they don't wanna be there.  Same goes for these people who bash the band, but go see them anyways to critique them more.    Save your money, and stop peeing on my lawn, ya know?

I used to see that alot when I started going to their shows early on. I was one of the few females there, and most of the other females there were only there because their "man" was a fan, and like you said looking bored and CLUELESS. On Gigantour, I went to go to the bathroom, the line for the men's room was rather long, I got right in!! You NEVER see that!! Now I'm seeing more females come to the shows who are actually into the music!!

This one girl last night had a tattoo of Mike's autograph on her upper right back. It looked pretty cool and at first, I couldn't tell if it was his actual autograph or a tattoo. It looked so authentic.

I understand you, completely.  I am hoping to have a great time!!  I am even going to go and get some of those glow sticks that you can turn into necklaces and bracelets.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm....pink, or blue for me? 

I think blue will show up better "in the dark" Anything to get you noticed!! I was wearing my "James Rocks" shirt last night. He finally noticed it during Metropolis. It's kinda hard to explain his reaction though.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:04:33 am by Andie1928 » Logged

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2009, 12:53:43 pm »

Really?  I'd like to see you give it a shot and try to explain his reaction!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Sometimes, it can get amusing....

Sorry... Roll Eyes Wink Cheesy

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2009, 01:50:05 pm »

Really?  I'd like to see you give it a shot and try to explain his reaction!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Sometimes, it can get amusing....

Sorry... Roll Eyes Wink Cheesy

Well, it was a GOOD reaction. It was like he saw it, pointed at me, and gave me this silly look, and smiled. I know he pointed at ME, because for goodness sake, I was RIGHT in front of him. I mean I had to look up to see him when he was at the front of the stage. I say that he pointed at ME, because years ago Extreme fans used to tell me all the time that during their concerts "Oh, Gary pointed at me in concert" and they would like be in the 20th row!!

But I'm really surprised he didn't notice it until the last song. I mean I know he's dealing with alot on stage and there's so much going on, but I was RIGHT THERE!! Within arms length.

Also, another thing about REH is I forgot how hazardous it can be being up front there. You are right up to the stage, there's no barrier between you & the stage. I was front row for Whitesnake and for anybody familiar with David Coverdale's mic stand movements, you know he's always lifting it upside down in the air. There were a few times, I swear I thought he was going to "clunk" me in the head!! Same goes for James, he'd be at the front singing with the stand, then go to walk back towards Mike and he would swing the stand around, I was just waiting for him to "poke my eye out"!

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2009, 02:03:36 pm »

Well, seeing as how you got home in one piece, I am so happy you had a great time, and so pumped for our own show viewing those setlists.  Good on ya, girl!  It's about time a LOT MORE of us female fans got noticed besides those who are in this "minute" category!  LOL!!!
 Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:05:41 pm by Donna » Logged

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2009, 02:17:05 pm »

I was wondering about one part of HY, I'm sure somebody can answer me on this. Between the lyrics "Walk me across the water AND "And maybe you'll understand", what is James singing? It sounds soooo familiar but I just can't pin it down.

.... i can't seem to pin point all the words... But your right... i've heard that before...

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2009, 02:22:52 pm »

Yeah, and you know what? I'm on vacation, scheduled it around DT's tour, and leaving tomorrow for NC, and seeing them in Asheville. Then I'm going over to Raleigh where my brother lives and we're going to see them in MD. He wanted to know the setlists from all the shows, so I was texting him all through the Mia & Orl show, but last night, I could see the setlist before the show, so I just texted him the whole thing all at once. This is really the most shows I've seen on one tour. Asheville was kinda a last minute thing. I really wanted to go to the MD show, too, because of Queensryche being on the bill, so I thought, I'm going to be in NC anyway so..... Grin

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2009, 02:27:49 pm »

Yeah, and you know what? I'm on vacation, scheduled it around DT's tour, and leaving tomorrow for NC, and seeing them in Asheville. Then I'm going over to Raleigh where my brother lives and we're going to see them in MD. He wanted to know the setlists from all the shows, so I was texting him all through the Mia & Orl show, but last night, I could see the setlist before the show, so I just texted him the whole thing all at once. This is really the most shows I've seen on one tour. Asheville was kinda a last minute thing. I really wanted to go to the MD show, too, because of Queensryche being on the bill, so I thought, I'm going to be in NC anyway so..... Grin

Unfortunately, I won't be as close at these last 2 shows than I was for Fla, but I think I still have decent seats.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 51
  Print  

Jump to: