Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Dream Theater Official World Tour - Reviews, Setlists and Pics here!  (Read 659256 times)
lutima

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 03:07:54 am »

Progressive Nation 09 (Europe) Dream Theater, Opeth, Bigelf & Unexpect
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tues      Oct 6th - Ahoy - Rotterdam, Netherlands  NEW!!!!!!

I was already afraid this would happen  Sad Although I'm sure a lot of people want to see the other bands besides DT, I just want to see Dream Theater.
I guess I have to wait and see if they come back to Holland with a headlining show, otherwise I think we might have to go to Gelsenkirchen in Germany.

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 01:49:46 pm »

I have bought my tickets for the concert in Rotterdam! It's on october 7th, according to LiveNation... Not cheap, but it's worth it I am sure.

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 11:38:40 pm »

I have bought my tickets for the concert in Rotterdam! It's on october 7th, according to LiveNation... Not cheap, but it's worth it I am sure.

hmm October 7th they are in France....

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 05:28:58 am »

hmm October 7th they are in France....

No, it was a mix up... Weymolith made a correction on MP.com.

10/04/2009 - Zenith - Paris, France
10/06/2009 - Zenith - Lille, France
10/07/2009 - Ahoy - Rotterdam, Netherlands

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 12:28:16 pm »

Still no italian date(s) but uh well, they will come... I'm still undecided however if seeing three bands I don't know / don't like and then 90 minutes of DT.... I'll make a decision closer to the gigs, after all, here DT haven't sold out a show yet and they get the biggest avalaible venue anyway, so... no need to hurry....

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 03:27:55 pm »

Bigelf is very good!!  Cheesy

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 04:01:24 pm »

Meet and Greets are now up -> http://www.dreamtheater.tickets.musictoday.com/DreamTheater/calendar.aspx

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 04:08:50 pm »

125 euro? Man this is too much. Don't they know about the recession? Fan zone ticket is quarter cheaper. No way...  Cry  Cry  Cry

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 04:23:03 pm »

125 euro? Man this is too much. Don't they know about the recession? Fan zone ticket is quarter cheaper. No way...  Cry  Cry  Cry

It's always been that much... I've just figured that if i can meet them ONCE.... it's worth the $300-$350 it would cost me...

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 04:31:49 pm »

It's always been that much... I've just figured that if i can meet them ONCE.... it's worth the $300-$350 it would cost me...

Of course if you can afford it. Not this time for me Undecided

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

Subu

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 04:47:01 pm »

it's worth the $300-$350 it would cost me...

Huh  Huh  I have always thought that making people pay to meet the band is a really rotten, elitist thing to do......why is it only people with money are allowed the oppportunity??  Instead, if what some people say, i.e.making more money is indeed NOT the movitation behind meet n' greets, why not offer a lottery to ticket purchasers who desire their names be entered and draw a few names each concert for a free meet n' greet??  That way everyone has an equal chance of being chosen and hard working fans wouldn't be required  spend to far to much money in addtion to skyrocketing ticket prices, money that, particulary in these hard economic times, is probably needed elsewhere.   I mean c'mon.....$300-$350 to meet a few people for 5 minutes max, get a photo that often times is not very good, a t-shirt and a badge??  That comes to about $43.00 per minute, when you include the fee for the pic and the price of the t-shirt......that's $2580.00 per hour.......I don't know that it is worth paying that much to meet anyone! 

While I know it can be a thrill to meet someone you admire, in the whole scheme of the world, don't you have a lot better, more lasting things you could use that kind of money for??  A new instrument??  Recording equipment??  A vacation for a week??  A semester at school? 

Ask some people who have paid for the meet n' greet packages......some have pretty horrific stories to tell......

‎"Accomplishment breeds confidence, insecurity breeds arrogance" - me

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 05:04:04 pm »

Subu,
+1. exactly what I was thinking

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2009, 06:33:13 pm »

it's worth the $300-$350 it would cost me...

Huh  Huh  I have always thought that making people pay to meet the band is a really rotten, elitist thing to do......why is it only people with money are allowed the oppportunity??  Instead, if what some people say, i.e.making more money is indeed NOT the movitation behind meet n' greets, why not offer a lottery to ticket purchasers who desire their names be entered and draw a few names each concert for a free meet n' greet??  That way everyone has an equal chance of being chosen and hard working fans wouldn't be required  spend to far to much money in addtion to skyrocketing ticket prices, money that, particulary in these hard economic times, is probably needed elsewhere.   I mean c'mon.....$300-$350 to meet a few people for 5 minutes max, get a photo that often times is not very good, a t-shirt and a badge??  That comes to about $43.00 per minute, when you include the fee for the pic and the price of the t-shirt......that's $2580.00 per hour.......I don't know that it is worth paying that much to meet anyone! 

While I know it can be a thrill to meet someone you admire, in the whole scheme of the world, don't you have a lot better, more lasting things you could use that kind of money for??  A new instrument??  Recording equipment??  A vacation for a week??  A semester at school? 

Ask some people who have paid for the meet n' greet packages......some have pretty horrific stories to tell......

There are bands who charge that for a ticket normally. I understand what you are saying...

but think about it like this, there are some of us who will be luck to even see the band once. It would be worth the money to at least have one dream fulfilled.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2009, 10:05:53 pm »

Hm. 

I agree with you Subu, believe me.  However you and I come from a different "school" or a different "era" if you will, where paying money to meet a band is really something that seems absurd.  I'm being very honest here.  I wouldn't at THIS AGE, pay the money.  I have a family and yes, I do have better things to spend $250-$400 on - especially for now that I am living in a one income household --- and hopefully, a vacation coming in 4 weeks! 

I was also discouraged by my parents to NOT fall for that kind of thing.  Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I used to be GAGA 10000000000% over Def Leppard and Triumph, but to my dismay, and my upbringing, I really never even got to even SEE them in concert in their "Hay Day" (sp??)  let alone pay to meet them.  This kind of "promotion" really wasn't a huge thing in the 80's that I was exposed to.   I have to chuckle as my mom STILL uses the line:  "Why don't you just give ME the $xxxx(insert amount here) you spent for that concert ticket???  I raised you for 23 years, and I'll even give you FOOD for that money!  Heck, I even sing for you!"  LOL!!    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   I love my Mamma. 

There is a difference in thinking here for sure.  While I understand the desire to meet the band to tell them how much they are appreciated, and what not, I on the other hand, can't justify the money myself.   There are many factors that divide us as people.  Subu is just giving wisdom - and girlfriend is awesome at that.   Kiss Kiss She does it out of concern.  Remember, we were young once too!  We were fans of bands PRIOR to DT and had strong convictions for them. 

But, if this is something you REALLY want to do, just do it wisely; don't put YOURSELF out for it.  YOU w3, are more important here, in this scenario.  "Kay, darlin'?

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2009, 10:58:15 pm »

Yeah i understand. I'm just giving another side to it. and for me... if i knew they were going to be here regardless of what it cost.. i would have money for that ticket.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51
  Print  

Jump to: