Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: It Is The Music Business After All. / No news is good news.....etc...  (Read 14285 times)
Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 06:24:27 pm »

I've become pretty apathetic about all of it.
I just want a drummer.
I've waited long enough and have gotten over that frantic-ness. Now that they're in the studio I know that they HAVE to announce the drummer within when the CD comes out, which will probably be at the end of summer.

All I'm hoping is that it's a name I don't know.
There's a lot of talk about Minninmenn, Mangini, etc being the drummer and quite frankly I don't like any of them. I want someone that not only fits the drumming, but the DT image, too. I could never imagine Minnemenn as a member of Dream Theater. Doesn't look right, doesn't sound right.

Agreed whole heartedly about the Minnemenn comment. I'm not some anxious dweeb. I simply overstated how is this still kept secret? How has it not leaked? Apparently my post(s) was taken to seriously and was not viewed enough in terms of comedy...it seems that happens too often on this board!!

Of course I have not seen a pic of AJ and BP like that.. it was a joke!! SHEESH...

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 07:05:37 pm »

I've become pretty apathetic about all of it.
I just want a drummer.
I've waited long enough and have gotten over that frantic-ness. Now that they're in the studio I know that they HAVE to announce the drummer within when the CD comes out, which will probably be at the end of summer.

All I'm hoping is that it's a name I don't know.
There's a lot of talk about Minninmenn, Mangini, etc being the drummer and quite frankly I don't like any of them. I want someone that not only fits the drumming, but the DT image, too. I could never imagine Minnemenn as a member of Dream Theater. Doesn't look right, doesn't sound right.

Agreed whole heartedly about the Minnemenn comment. I'm not some anxious dweeb. I simply overstated how is this still kept secret? How has it not leaked? Apparently my post(s) was taken to seriously and was not viewed enough in terms of comedy...it seems that happens too often on this board!!

Of course I have not seen a pic of AJ and BP like that.. it was a joke!! SHEESH...

a joke can be said once and been seen as funny, but if it is a common occurrence then it becomes a bother...

you just have to think about how many times you bring it up before it loses its comedy appeal.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 08:56:24 pm »

Now you see...this here is the problem with t3h intraw3bs.....we can't TELL when someone is joking someitmes.  I am the FIRST to admit I have made that mistake bigtime here by not using these little puppies:   Cheesy Grin Wink Smiley Cheesy Grin
We don't mean to come across all anal retentive and snooty and picky and stuff.....the people here are truly easy going and we have a nice community.  It's just that we had a thread started, and James has been asked the question a few times and has replied graciously, so maybe the timing is off.....whatever it is, sorry if we took you too seriously there.

And let's just chill it in this thread please.  I know I pounced on it as well...but let's remember that there are about a billion other things in the world to get upset and uptight about.  This small thing shouldn't matter.  Putting getting upset over this in perspective?  Tornot just lost one of it's Policemen in the line of fire yesterday - that is something to get upset about.  It's a FORUM.  It's supposed to be FUN.  Let's keep it that way.

Thank you...... Wink

Here.....I made some Chinies for late buffet tonight.....

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 03:21:49 pm »

I know!! and I was having fun...! AND it seems no one has really ever brought up the topic on HOW they have kept it a secret and not leaking....SOOOO since the board was kinda dry, I just decided to post my thoughts.... since whether we all may admit it or not...WE ALL still keep wondering! Maybe some more than others!  Grin  Tongue  Cry

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 06:50:45 pm »

I know!! and I was having fun...! AND it seems no one has really ever brought up the topic on HOW they have kept it a secret and not leaking....SOOOO since the board was kinda dry, I just decided to post my thoughts.... since whether we all may admit it or not...WE ALL still keep wondering! Maybe some more than others!  Grin  Tongue  Cry

might be some hard core gag-orders out there by the lawyers... thats the only thing i can think of Tongue

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: