Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: It Is The Music Business After All. / No news is good news.....etc...  (Read 14279 times)
#1KJLFAN

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2011, 06:26:28 pm »

It is the music business after all... so it is understandable that every "i" has to get dotted and every "t" has to be crossed, each and every duck on the whole flipping planet must be perfectly lined up in a row and even every sorry a$$ in the universe must be completely covered... but when birds suddenly start falling out of the sky IS IT NOT TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE NAME OF THE DAMN NEW DRUMMER?  Even the TV show "LOST" never got me this worked up waiting for something to happen... my apologies for being so impatient but for me Dream Theater isn't just following a band... it is a way of life!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:56:33 pm by Donna » Logged

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:23:33 pm »

I hear ya man.... errr...woman? But you need to tide over with some new tunes. I myself have just got about new 10 CDs, mostly all new bands... I suggest you do the same. OR go through your favorite DT catalogue, like the official bootlegs.
I am listening to Saviour Machine now. The 1st album alone, is enough for me ignore work for 2 days and play it to dust, and just to START to be able to absorb it. Especially the lyrics.

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Irock

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:25:50 pm »

I have to disagree on the Lost part. I got so impatient waiting for episodes of Lost that time moved at 2% of its normal speed.

Also, if anyone needs help dotting and crossing letters, I can help out. It's not that difficult.. it's elementary.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:42:06 pm »

With all the drama that's gone down, I think it's nice that the guys are taking their time to do things the right way. Don't get me wrong, I AM dying of curiosity just like everybody else, though!

VioletS16

Forum crazy snake lady!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:56:31 pm »

I've become pretty apathetic about all of it.
I just want a drummer.
I've waited long enough and have gotten over that frantic-ness. Now that they're in the studio I know that they HAVE to announce the drummer within when the CD comes out, which will probably be at the end of summer.

All I'm hoping is that it's a name I don't know.
There's a lot of talk about Minninmenn, Mangini, etc being the drummer and quite frankly I don't like any of them. I want someone that not only fits the drumming, but the DT image, too. I could never imagine Minnemenn as a member of Dream Theater. Doesn't look right, doesn't sound right.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, old time is still a-fly, and this same flower that smiles today tomorrow will be dying - ACOS

<3

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 04:37:33 pm »

Hmmm 'no news is good news'.... isn't that the way the saying goes....?? well in this case, the 'no news' it is still driving me nuts.
I can't get on the message board at school(nor would I dare, really) because the block filter for the internet.... so everyday I am waiting in anticipation in racing home to check this message board to see if it has been updated on the new drummer. I keep feeling like I will be the LAST person to know...!! But I get home at 4pm everyday and the world just keep turning...

Anyone else have this anxiety, of not being able to check any news throughout the day...??
I guess the DT page must not be blocked...but I am so used to just checking this board. Quite frankly I have NO TIME to check during the day, anyways...

And for the life of me, I can't figure out how or why the Secret X Drummer's name has not leaked?? Does DT have secret service me now, that will shoot on site anyone near the premise of the recording studio...or anyone in the immediate DT family that might be suspicious of 'spreading the word'Huh
Does the drummer where a black mask or a paper bag over his head anytime he has to live the recording studio??

Obviously I wanna hear it FIRST from the band in a press release. NOT 3rd party.... but HOW has this been kept a secret? It's 2011 for crying out loud, NOTHING is kept secret; we have paparazzi taking pics of Angelia Jolie and Brad Pitt taking a dump together for Pete's sake!!!

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 04:40:53 pm »

Hmmm 'no news is good news'.... isn't that the way the saying goes....?? well in this case, the 'no news' it is still driving me nuts.
I can't get on the message board at school(nor would I dare, really) because the block filter for the internet.... so everyday I am waiting in anticipation in racing home to check this message board to see if it has been updated on the new drummer. I keep feeling like I will be the LAST person to know...!! But I get home at 4pm everyday and the world just keep turning...

Anyone else have this anxiety, of not being able to check any news throughout the day...??
I guess the DT page must not be blocked...but I am so used to just checking this board. Quite frankly I have NO TIME to check during the day, anyways...

And for the life of me, I can't figure out how or why the Secret X Drummer's name has not leaked?? Does DT have secret service me now, that will shoot on site anyone near the premise of the recording studio...or anyone in the immediate DT family that might be suspicious of 'spreading the word'Huh
Does the drummer where a black mask or a paper bag over his head anytime he has to live the recording studio??

Obviously I wanna hear it FIRST from the band in a press release. NOT 3rd party.... but HOW has this been kept a secret? It's 2011 for crying out loud, NOTHING is kept secret; we have paparazzi taking pics of Angelia Jolie and Brad Pitt taking a dump together for Pete's sake!!!
a cup of tea (coffee, or anything stronger) and a chill pill?

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 04:42:43 pm »

you people are driving me nuts... sheesh

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 04:44:47 pm »

Aaaahhh no...I relaxed now...that was a good venting session. C'mon, it's not like I am the only one with these thoughts!

-- William Faulkner

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 04:46:56 pm »

Aaaahhh no...I relaxed now...that was a good venting session. C'mon, it's not like I am the only one with these thoughts!

BUT there is a fine line between being a patient fan and being a fan from the past who keeps nagging on an event we'll be told in due time.

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 04:50:44 pm »

I think it's been cleared up. It's not about that DT wants to hide the name of new Drummer. It's about their management and music company. When it's all well they will tell us. So stop blame the guys.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 04:53:01 pm »

OK.

I know the fans are anxious.

I know the fans want to know who the DT drummer is.

BUT....and I say this with all due respect here......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that isn't the only thing we have going on in our lives?   We go to school...have jobs...have families.....you know....turn away from the computer and DO STUFF.  Go on....get out there.....take your time up doing STUFF....you know.....STUFF.   Wink Cheesy

James has said it a few times.  He can't reveal who it is UNTIL IT IS TIME.  There are 3 other guys in the band that have this "secret" too, and James doesn't get special permission to leak it out or give us a hint or whatever. 

Now....any more threads get started like this....and I say this with all the love in my heart that a mother could have....I will delete it....mmmmkay? 

Grin Kiss

Edited to add----the threads already started have now been merged.

Thanks again!   Wink
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:55:56 pm by Donna » Logged

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 05:02:53 pm »

You have seen a picture of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie taking a dump together?  So wrong...

Hang in there, we'll all know in due time.  Unfortunately, due time will probably be another couple of weeks.
Still wondering what is going on in the studio with JR in California then doing the show with JLB the following week.  I just imagine JP doing curls with amplifiers and JM playing 128th notes in a corner.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »

Hang in there, we'll all know in due time.  Unfortunately, due time will probably be another couple of weeks.
Still wondering what is going on in the studio with JR in California then doing the show with JLB the following week.  I just imagine JP doing curls with amplifiers and JM playing 128th notes in a corner.

even if it was a couple of years, there is nothing we can do about it.  That is all i am saying...

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 05:18:26 pm »

People, do like me and give it up: you won't know it today and you won't know it the day after tomorrow. One day you will know and that day will come soon  Wink

It's the same approach I took for the Sonisphere festival in Italy; Iron Maiden should be headlining but there's no confirmation at all. On a forum, in the days were news seem to be flooding about it, I read a post by someone that contacted the promoters and asked if they could know before Christmas, and the answer was "just enjoy Christmas and the whole rest of the holidays without holding your breath", and as of today there's still not an announcement about which bands play on which of the 2 days. So I stopped waiting for it like if it was an incoming and impending thing; it was not.

Same with the new drummer of Dream Theater: it's not a "just about to be revealed any moment now in the next 10 seconds" kind of thing. Give it up. It won't be today and it won't be tomorrow. Forget about it, like you forget about a shipment you wait but you get the news that there are delays in the stock and that the shipment is postponed of a week or two. When you'll know, you'll know  Cool

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: