Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Drummer by year end  (Read 5466 times)
rhino2112

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:09:48 am »

I thought at some point it was mentioned by James or JP that the new drummer would be announced in December or by the end of the year.  Does anyone else recall this? 
Looking forward to the announcement (as I am sure all of us are).
Holding a glimmer of hope that they just invite MP back (although seriously doubt it will happen).  This would be good in many ways, but would also be awkward and a bit unsettling based on his statements that he needs a break from DT.  Possibly on board without all of his heart in it.

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:03:47 pm »

For whatever it's worth (they aren't citing any source at all, so it might be worth squat), Blabbermouth is reporting:

Drummer MARCO MINNEMANN Rumored To Have Joined DREAM THEATER - Dec. 28, 2010
40-year-old international drumming sensation Marco Minnemann (KREATOR, NECROPHAGIST) is strongly rumored to have joined DREAM THEATER as the replacement for the recently departed Mike Portnoy.

A lot of discussion on MP's forum if anyone is interested.  Since he just played that show with JR earlier in the month, it might make sense.

Of course Mike Mangini's website says it is down until 2011 for a total revamping. 

I know the two of these guys have always been mentioned as being in the mix.  Both are incredible.  Hard to imagine anyone but MP behind the Monster on stage with DT.

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:13:55 pm »

To be honest, it's really getting annoying. Let the news be heard.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 04:07:46 pm »

It will be announced when it will be announced. Til then people need to stop digging up unconfirmed rumors, and wait for the band to tell us.

and blabbermouth used to be a credible metal news source, now they just seem to dig up any dirt they can and try to start internet wars. Once it appears on DT's site, then you can take it for what it is, til then, they are just rumors....

sabonim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 06:46:35 am »

It will be announced when it will be announced. Til then people need to stop digging up unconfirmed rumors, and wait for the band to tell us.

and blabbermouth used to be a credible metal news source, now they just seem to dig up any dirt they can and try to start internet wars. Once it appears on DT's site, then you can take it for what it is, til then, they are just rumors....

Great!

Dr. Gustavo Agostini
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Systematic - UFRGS
---------------------------
Sabonim Gustavo Agostini
Master in Hapkido UYK

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: