Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: What Concerts Do You Plan to See?  (Read 220617 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2009, 11:31:16 pm »

My husband and I saw Stryper last night here in Toronto.  Suffice it to say that this venue was too small for the power that they exude when they play.  They were fantastic, and I would go see them again!  Michael Sweet's voice is still something to behold, and this band is so ultra tight - 25 yrs together and they totally rocked the house last night. 

Very happy we saw them, but hoping the next time they come, it's on a Fri / Sat night....today was rough after a late night....

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2009, 04:26:52 am »

Dream Theater and Opeth today. I'm so anxiooooouuuusss!!!  Grin

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2009, 04:32:52 pm »

I have no clue who's playing...but I got my pass to the Next BIG Nashville conference (October 7-10), and there are apparently concerts. I'll get back to you on that. Tongue

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2009, 06:42:14 pm »

one of the funnest things ever... Kiss is going to be in Portland Nov 17th. I mentioned something to her about the cheap tickets being $20, and she said that she would like to go. about 20 min ago she called me and said that few of her co-workers/friends said they would go too..

SO, there might be a chance I will be going to a Kiss concert  Cheesy

nicoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2009, 12:55:36 pm »

one of the funnest things ever... Kiss is going to be in Portland Nov 17th. I mentioned something to her about the cheap tickets being $20, and she said that she would like to go. about 20 min ago she called me and said that few of her co-workers/friends said they would go too..

Yeah, Sneider might be dragging me to that one...I've never seen a Kiss concert, so he thinks I'm a "virgin." Kiss are all right; I've never been a huge fan of their songwriting, but I'm sure the show is quite another experience. Plus, Buckcherry is opening. I've heard they're good.

But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
'Cause you know

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2009, 01:10:28 pm »

Yeah, Sneider might be dragging me to that one...I've never seen a Kiss concert, so he thinks I'm a "virgin." Kiss are all right; I've never been a huge fan of their songwriting, but I'm sure the show is quite another experience. Plus, Buckcherry is opening. I've heard they're good.

The Meet and Greets are $1000  Shocked Shocked

i could see DT three times for that price Tongue (still has to see them once Cheesy)

as for Buckcherry... i actually don't like them but meh for $20 i'd be willing to put up with it

and considering that Kiss is the ONLY good concert happening in Oregon and i am able to go to...  and the tickets are cheap so that is a plus

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2009, 03:06:08 pm »

A KISS show is always great to see !! Before I got myself into DT I've been a huge KISS fan from age 11 until 25. Than I saw DT on MTV  Cheesy
I've seen them 4 times and my interest in them got to a very low level after their come back in make up (I rather see them without  Wink) which actually started after Eric Carr died back in 1991.
Paul Stanley still has a special place in my heart though (I love his solo albums) and I guess he always will  Wink
Saw them last year at Arrow Rock Festival and it sure was fun, singing along all their songs  Cool

nicoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2009, 03:27:20 pm »

Just realized that the Kiss show in Nashville is TONIGHT...I guess we're not going after all. Tongue We don't have tickets. Oh well...maybe next time...

It doesn't surprise me that the meet and greet passes are wicked expensive. This is Gene Simmons we're talking about. I might not know the band too well, but I've heard him talking enough times to know how full of himself he is and how much he worships his own Kiss enterprise. Roll Eyes

But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
'Cause you know

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2009, 03:36:59 pm »

Just realized that the Kiss show in Nashville is TONIGHT...I guess we're not going after all. Tongue We don't have tickets. Oh well...maybe next time...

It doesn't surprise me that the meet and greet passes are wicked expensive. This is Gene Simmons we're talking about. I might not know the band too well, but I've heard him talking enough times to know how full of himself he is and how much he worships his own Kiss enterprise. Roll Eyes

the funny thing is... I don't really like hearing Live stuff of Kiss... BUT once my mom was saying she would like to go, and asked a bunch of coworkers (all elementary school teachers  Cheesy ) it looks like we might be going. Hey I'll take concerts when i can get them....

nicoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2009, 11:54:53 pm »

Thanks to my awesome dad, Sneider and I are going to see John Fogerty at the Ryman Auditorium on Sunday! I've been a Creedence fan since I was a kid, and I've never seen then live. This is probably as close as I'll ever get, but still wicked cool, since Fogerty is the brains behind it all.

I was worried that because Sneider and I are broke, we wouldn't be able to do anything special for our anniversary on Friday, but with the concert on Sunday, I guess that kinda makes up for it. Smiley [Edit: I'm dumb. I just checked the tickets--they're for NEXT Sunday. Roll Eyes ]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:21:41 am by nicoli » Logged

But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
'Cause you know

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2009, 10:02:27 am »

Nice, nicoli!  I hope you hugged your Daddy today.... Wink

I have last minute tickies for Glenn and I to see TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA tonight!!!!!   Floors, ROW 1!!!!  I have horse shoes up my rear end!!!!!!!!   Of course, I won't believe it until I am sitting there getting my head blown off with Christmas music.......

I CAN'T WAIIIITTT!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yes...mama is bringing glowsticks!!!!

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2009, 10:29:44 am »

Have fun  Cheesy

nicoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2009, 11:20:35 am »

Nice, nicoli!  I hope you hugged your Daddy today.... Wink

I have last minute tickies for Glenn and I to see TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA tonight!!!!!   Floors, ROW 1!!!!  I have horse shoes up my rear end!!!!!!!!   Of course, I won't believe it until I am sitting there getting my head blown off with Christmas music.......

I CAN'T WAIIIITTT!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yes...mama is bringing glowsticks!!!!

I hugged him over the phone... Wink He's in Massachusetts, I'm in Tennessee, about a thousand miles away or so.

Man, those TSO tickets sound prime. I hope you and Glenn rock out!

But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
'Cause you know

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2009, 10:06:01 am »

OMG!!!!  We had an AMAZING TIME last night!  I fluked off FRONT ROW CENTRE tickets to this concert!

What an experience, having Chris Caffrey AND Alex Skolnich playing right in front of you!!!  I tell you people, I just about PEED MYSELF in public! 

The first half they started with the first track off of Nightcastle called "Night Enchanted"....and they did a couple of songs before they broke into the Lost Christmas Eve Story.  Yes, I friggin cried about a quarter of the time.  Christmas is Sarajevo was AMAZING as always.

The second half, they did tracks off the new CD, as well as back tracking to the other Christmas CD's.  Highlights for me:
- Wizards of Winter
- Carmina Burana - O Fortuna
- Appalachian Sleigh Ride
- Requiem
- Hall of The Mountain King
- Toccata

Anna Pheobe whom is the violinist on tour with them is AWESOME, and her electric, pink, rhinestone studded 6 STRING VIOLIN was a sight to behold.  She ROCKS on her baby!!!!

Chris Caffrey ALWAYS the crowd rowser!   He would come down and motion for the crowd to stand up and I was like "Baby, you don't have to ask ME twice!"   At the end, Glenn caught a couple of guitar picks from the boys, and Jeff Plate came down and gave sticks to some of the little kids in the crowd which made my heart totally melt!  So sweet of him to do....

We had a WONDERFUL time, and I think NOTHING is like seeing a show up that close.  I enjoyed every moment, because I don't think that will ever happen again.

NOW, Mama is feelin' Christmas-y!!!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:09:01 am by Donna » Logged

nicoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2009, 12:10:44 pm »

Chriss Caffrey and Alex Skolnich together?? I'm jealous. Tongue