Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: What Concerts Do You Plan to See?  (Read 220635 times)
MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2010, 01:13:20 pm »

@MuumiPeikko: is that the same Marco Hietala from Nightwish playing for Tarot? Huh

Yep Smiley
Tarot was his main band, before he join Nightwish. It was formed in 1985. Btw, guitar player is Marco's brother - Zachary Hietala. Smiley

I know the truth is out there.

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2010, 07:19:38 am »

Sweet. I always liked Marco Hietala. He gave Nightwish a sort of...insane...edge. Wink

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

MuumiPeikko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2010, 08:43:38 am »

Sweet. I always liked Marco Hietala. He gave Nightwish a sort of...insane...edge. Wink

Oh, yeah! He's main party-animal of the band, and totally nuts. Grin I also like him, 'cause he so charismatic and talented. With him Nightwish finally get a real frontman. He gave the second wind to Tuomas creativity.

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2010, 08:47:20 am »

30 September I'm going to Ozzy Ozborne Concert. It's totally kicking ass.

2 months later I am going to SCORPIONS FAREWELL CONCERT. This is gonna be great and also sad.  Undecided
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:49:35 am by SeRoX » Logged

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2010, 08:57:03 pm »

Oh, yeah! He's main party-animal of the band, and totally nuts. Grin I also like him, 'cause he so charismatic and talented. With him Nightwish finally get a real frontman. He gave the second wind to Tuomas creativity.

Yeah, Marco started getting really good (at least I think) on "Once." I wasn't crazy about his version of "Phantom of the Opera," but when they did "I Wish I Had An Angel," he effing blew me away. He's the perfect contrast to the operatic-female-thing.

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2010, 09:07:16 pm »

I will see

Epica - I want to get a picture with Simone. Their latest album has been kicking my ass all year. Nic, I think if you like Nightwish, you would like this. There's some growling here and there but I tolerate it..LOL
Rush - Time Machine tour
Katatonia - Night is the new day tour - My best discovery last year and album of the year 2009 for me.
Dredg - Probably - They are playing like 3rd on the bill so I don't know if it's going to be worth it.

toprngr

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2010, 04:30:32 am »

Talking about what concerts will I want to see, I guess that will depends when till the bands that I like come to a place around me. Well I guess I would have a few bands in mind. I would love to see Sum41, Daft Punk, Bullets for my Valentine, Green Day, Yellow Card, and so much more that I couldn’t be able to list over everything. But here are the ones that I would love to go.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2010, 05:34:14 pm »

Well, the Silk Road concert was incredible. For anyone unfamiliar with this ensemble, it is a group organized by Yo-Yo Ma consisting of traditional string quartet instruments, string bass, and all types of Middle Eastern/Asian percussion and (for lack of a better term) guitars. There was even a Spanish-style bagpipe. I'd never heard anything like it before. If they ever come to your town, absolutely go and check it out!

This weekend, we are going to see what Rodrigo y Gabriela.

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2010, 01:42:07 pm »

Going to see Gary Moore on October 8th

He's one of my favorite artists ever

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2010, 01:51:34 pm »

We are going to see/interview Katatonia headlining a show with Orphaned Land and Swallow the Sun as the opening bands on Friday night.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2010, 03:03:41 pm »

Well....
Kamelot had to postpone their NA tour dates as Roy Khan has taken ill.  I am praying he gets better, because he is ONE MAN I HAVE to go and see sing live.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

MuumiPeikko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2010, 05:39:09 pm »

It gonna be craaaaaaaaazy autumn...

Doro, Rhapsody of Fire, Van Canto, Amorphis, anniversary show of Aria... How on Earth to catch all of the shows  Huh

MuumiPeikko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2010, 06:26:28 pm »

Saw Amorphis today. Finally, one more concert dream come true.  Cheesy
Gosh, it was amazing one! The band are in great shape, fantastic clear sound (which is very rare for Moscow). The set list is almost perfect. They play all of my favorite songs Cheesy And, of course, I stood in the first raw!  Cheesy

Some pics:

Tomi "Medusa" Joutsen

Love Tomi's "Vintage style" microphones.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:29:09 pm by MuumiPeikko » Logged

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2010, 01:18:52 pm »

Saw Amorphis today. Finally, one more concert dream come true.  Cheesy
Gosh, it was amazing one! The band are in great shape, fantastic clear sound (which is very rare for Moscow). The set list is almost perfect. They play all of my favorite songs Cheesy And, of course, I stood in the first raw!  Cheesy

Brilliant pictures.  Smiley

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2010, 03:48:33 pm »

Nice pics. The frontman's hair is absolutely wicked

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: