Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LaBrie album?  (Read 10324 times)
gisabun

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2013, 08:26:55 pm »

I thought James was releasing an album soon - or was it put on hold?

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 09:47:54 pm »

Nope. It's being recording as I type this. From what I've read:

-James has recorded some vocals for two or three tracks (maybe more)
-Ray Riendau (bass) has tracked I think 3 or 4 songs
-Marco was tracking guitar..Don't know if he's finished
-Matt might be recording his parts as well, or maybe he has them finished since he is one of the producers and has an overall idea on how is it going to sound
-Peter finished tracking drums about a couple of weeks ago

should be released around the fall I think

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 03:52:13 pm »

We'll have new DT and new JLB in the same year! Wow!  Shocked

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 12:31:14 am »

Maybe even in the same month! Seems like it will be impossible to tour though...this is when DT will be on the road. Unless the LaBrie camp can do some selected dates?

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Will.Holloway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 01:39:43 pm »

can't wait for this, because Static Impulse was 10 times as good as his previous ones. Same lineup makes it even more promising.

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:11:53 pm »

I DO actually like the dichotomy of the clean and harsh vocals of Static Impulse, but for this one, I hope they back away from it much more. I would love to hear James singing solely and into the stratosphere, because I know he can still do it. 'Confronting the Devil' is simply one of the best. And I now his voice is back to being more powerful than ever. I am sure will James will even say his voice is more powerful than back in 2001 when MM2 came out....Uhhhhh was it really that LONG ago?? It seems like just yesterday. Hmmm maybe that is just because it still gets constant rotation in my stereo.

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Will.Holloway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 02:41:39 pm »

I DO actually like the dichotomy of the clean and harsh vocals of Static Impulse, but for this one, I hope they back away from it much more. I would love to hear James singing solely and into the stratosphere, because I know he can still do it. 'Confronting the Devil' is simply one of the best. And I now his voice is back to being more powerful than ever. I am sure will James will even say his voice is more powerful than back in 2001 when MM2 came out....Uhhhhh was it really that LONG ago?? It seems like just yesterday. Hmmm maybe that is just because it still gets constant rotation in my stereo.

i feel he does that already enough in DT. I feel a solo outlet should be something he doesn't normally do for a variety.

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 04:52:51 pm »

Here are a few twitter updates from Yesterday (April 4th) from the Cap't on the status of the solo album:

"Just to keep you all in the loop. Last Friday I finished the vocals to the next solo disc. I am completely psyched with the results. Raaaawk"

"yes Wildoer is on drums and a monster at that. Hope to have it out by August."

"Stylistically it is heavy, hard, mellow, dynamic and melodically brilliant. Everyone's playing on it is incredible. No more beefing it up..."

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 03:57:08 am »

Here are a few twitter updates from Yesterday (April 4th) from the Cap't on the status of the solo album:

"Just to keep you all in the loop. Last Friday I finished the vocals to the next solo disc. I am completely psyched with the results. Raaaawk"

"yes Wildoer is on drums and a monster at that. Hope to have it out by August."

"Stylistically it is heavy, hard, mellow, dynamic and melodically brilliant. Everyone's playing on it is incredible. No more beefing it up..."

This is absolutely fantastic news! Can't wait .. Smiley
--
James' twitter update from Sunday (April 7th):

"Chloe and Chance doing the Cup Song, Check it out"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gghCrLgZLXc …
--
Chloe and Chance are very talented:).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:15:06 am by Diana » Logged

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 12:42:30 pm »

Thanks for sharing the video, Diana! Chloe has a lovely voice.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: