Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: What Concerts Do You Plan to See?  (Read 110387 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2008, 11:35:20 pm »

Love music?  Who else you gonna go see soon? 
Share this and don't forget your review / pics of said concert.

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 03:10:31 pm »

Judas Priest + Megadeth + Testament

Saxon + Iced Earth

and if eventually new tickets will arrive, Edguy + Andrč Matos

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 05:21:11 pm »

Riverside
Judas Priest + Megadeth + Testament

heylchick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 07:51:25 pm »

Trans Siberian Orchestra x2 next week.  I can't explain how excited I am! Grin

SoundscapeMN

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 01:54:24 am »

11/29 Jimi Hendrix Tribute and maybe Leo Kotke
12/1 Jonatha Brooke maybe
12/5 Amanda Palmer
12/13 Dean Magraw w/ John Williams

Jan:
Annuals
Coheed..unlikely

Feb/March
dredg

Apr:
Marillion Weekend (in spirit)

Sept:
ProgPower USA X:
Andre Matos
Fates Warning
Orphaned Land

Epitaph04

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 02:27:26 am »

Slipknot in March.

That's about it.

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 11:54:57 am »

Hey Kyle, hopefully I can go to the Fates Warning show. I don't mind the other bands but Fates is in my MUST WATCH list.

Do you know when tix go on sale for the Saturday show>?

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 02:46:56 pm »

Eagles 1/31
Motley Crue 3/4

Get this - we just saw Madonna Wed. night, somebody who I'm not a huge, huge, fan of but I do like quite a bit of her songs. It's somebody who I wanted to see at least once in my life. After that show, it's will be my first AND LAST time seeing her. She did put on a good show, considering I didn't know half the songs, even the songs I didn't know, I enjoyed.

The thing that irked me was the ticket read a 7:30 start time. We figured she wasn't going to go on right at 7:30, she probably has an opening act, and she probably won't go on until about 9. We ended up not getting there until 8:40(don't ask). The lights were on in the stadium so we were like, cool, we can get to our seats between sets. We got to our seats, and asked the lady sitting next to me who she knew who the opening act was. She says 'There was no opening act." I asked "Nobody has played at all?" and she said, "No, we've all been sitting here over an hour". So again, I figure she would just go on at 9. She went on at 9:50!!

Some people had left before she went on. I wasn't leaving after what I paid for the ticket, and after driving all the way to Miami. I wouldn't leave until they actually announced that she wasn't going to be performing and that we could get refunds. That's the thing, at least someone could've done was announce something, like if she was sick, or if she wasn't even there yet or something!! When she finally went on stage, absolutely nothing was said from her. No apologies were waiting so long, no screw you suckers, nothing!!

I don't care who you are, I don't care how big of a star you are, you just don't do that to all the people who got you where you are now.

I really felt for all the other people who actually showed up on time!!

I saw Tina Turner a few weeks back. She went on about 20 minutes late. I can deal with that. Plus she made up for it with an unbelievable show. Going on over 2 hours late, there was no excuse for that.

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 04:02:21 pm »

Hi Andie - nice to meet you!
YES - that Madonna concert made the news up here in Toronto.  I am not a huge fan, but I am like yourself - I do indeed like quite a bit of her music.  I grew up with her for crying out loud!  However, what she did was not right.  She should have at least had the courtesy - but then again, it's Madonna.  She thinks she's larger than life, and frankly, I don't believe she practices what she preaches - with Kabala and all that.   Nonetheless, she does put on a good show, I hear.  I have never been to one, but MuchMoreMusic up here shows her last tour periodically. 

Hmmm..I really want to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but I don't know if we can go.  We'll have to see......

yeshua4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 05:53:54 pm »

none planned right now...just looking forward to hitting a couple of DT shows when the time comes

Is anyone here a marine biologist?

lostintheshadows

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 09:32:38 pm »

Iron Maiden in Auckland, March next year.
Let's hope it isn't full of drunken boos like Sydney (emo band or not as support after Steve Harris' daughter)

I'm afraid to say but you won't play a part

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 11:00:43 am »

Hi Andie - nice to meet you!
YES - that Madonna concert made the news up here in Toronto.

Really??! Our show made the news up there? What about, about the fact that she went on so late or that is was the last show of her tour?

She probably figured it's her last show, Thanksgiving is the next day and most people are going to be off, so none of us have to be up early to go to work.

Well, whatever, her excuse was(it was probably, well, I'm Madonna, I can do what I want, so up yours), I don't see myself seeing her again, not that she's going to go in the poorhouse because of me!! Cheesy

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 02:18:04 pm »

Really??! Our show made the news up there? What about, about the fact that she went on so late or that is was the last show of her tour?

The fact that she was late made the news...

Well, whatever, her excuse was(it was probably, well, I'm Madonna, I can do what I want, so up yours), 

THAT is PRECISELY what she thinks.   Cheesy

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 06:30:00 am »

I am going to see Saxon + Iced Earth as well now, like Andrea  Wink 3th of februar.

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 01:30:44 pm »

Well, I'm done with concerts this year.

I attended King Crimson in August (awesome!!) and met Su and her family. This past December I attended Jaguares (mexican rock band) and Trans-Siberian Orchestra (for the 7th straight year).

Mmm...I'm pretty sure I attended one or two other concerts this year but I can't remember.

Next year, hopefully I can attend Fates Warning and possible DT in the fall (if they start touring in America).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: