Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update from JP  (Read 23862 times)
marcosf

Eu sou apenas um rapaz latino americano

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 06:03:16 pm »

Btw, does anybody notice, that titles on mp.com and MP's facebook changed from "founding member and ex-drummer of Dream Theater" to "founding member and Drummer of Dream Theater"

what's going on?  Huh
Well noticed... Besides, his time with A7X has ended, as he says here http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2621033.aspx

"History is critic, and power does not love it" G. C. Argan

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 06:49:42 pm »

dt.net is online again. And there's MP in "Band Members"  Shocked

What's that?  Embarrassed

Maybe Cap'n James can clear up the situation?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 07:00:06 pm by MuumiPeikko » Logged

I know the truth is out there.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 09:10:35 pm »

Well, because you can't just discount him and omit his presence from the band's website.   
I hate to be like this, but do we have to actually go through the resons why?  It's very simple:
He is one of the founding members.  He contributed and gave his own lyrics, and he was a very integral part of the band for over 25 years.  Just because he made the decision to leave the band, you can't cut him off and pretend he was not in the band. 

I know the "devil's advocate" or "flipside" of this argument with a lot of fans will be this:  "Well...he's not in the band anymore" 

OK.  So let's put it in these terms.

You father a child.  You get a divorce from your wife.  Your wife re-marries.  Does this mean your child doesn't recognize you as a father anymore?  No...it' doesn't.  You still fathered that child and it is still your baby. 

I may be taking it to extremes here, but I think we should just let it lie where it is.  If the band gave the OK for the website to contain Mike's name, that's great.  Hey, I won't ever forget the name Mike Portnoy.  Nor do I want to.  His 12 step lyrics came around for me at a part of my life where I needed to hear them the most - they helped me to WAKE UP to things in my life that I needed waking up to. So yea, I think Mike's name has every right to be there. 

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 01:38:58 am »

It's because everyone has to create a conspiracy theory out of nothing these days.

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 09:00:01 am »

It's because there's no any official information.

I didn't mean that Mike can't be noticed at dt.net. Opposite, I'm sure MP related information must be there, 'cause he's really very important person for DT and for fans.

What I mean was - it's strange to put his name back in *active* members list of DT. He was removed from there and from userpic of DT community on facebook after press release of his departure, the head of mp.com and his facebook had "ex-drummer of Dream Theater". Now, mp.com and facebook has "drummer of Dream Theater". And facebook community again has MP on userpic.

I know the truth is out there.

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 10:02:59 am »

Seriously, people. We've all seen where far-fetched assumptions can (mis)lead, so let's just stay calm and not stir any more commotion until the official announcement. There are other things in life beside what's going on in DT camp, so let them sort it for themselves

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 01:28:54 pm »

I guess if they keep waiting on making an announcement, people will have to keep speculating. 
I hope it is soon.  Holding out a glimmer of hope that MP just comes back, but it would seem highly unlikely.  I am pretty sure that he wasn't listed as a band member on the DT site in September, but I wouldn't put too much stock in that. 
The timing of the site being down yesterday on the same day that A7X sent him packing was an odd coincidence.  Or was it?? (chime in the Twilight Zone music....)

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 02:03:54 pm »

But the real question is: *ASSUMING* Mike is being welcomed back in Dream Theater, why the webmaster should update the site before the official announcement of his return?

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

gmillerdrake

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 02:13:46 pm »

Actually I think Dan Brown gained the passwords and access codes to all DT/MP related sites and is just writing his next book. It is an interactive 'reality' book....we must connect all of the clues and innuendo.

When temptation brings me to my kness,
  and I lay here drained of strenth,
show me Kindness, show me Beauty, show me Truth...

pg1067

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 02:24:12 pm »

Actually I think Dan Brown gained the passwords and access codes to all DT/MP related sites and is just writing his next book. It is an interactive 'reality' book....we must connect all of the clues and innuendo.

LMAO!

Wait...does that mean that the new drummer will be Tom Hanks?!

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 03:22:02 pm »

Cha-CHING!!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Love it.......

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 10:04:42 pm »

Ok guys...The new drummer is....DUM DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUM----- TRAVIS BARKER!!
I mean, MTV calls him a drumming GOD!!

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 10:05:52 pm »

Ok guys...The new drummer is....DUM DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUM----- TRAVIS BARKER!!
I mean, MTV calls him a drumming GOD!!

unless you have the proof to back up, don't spread rumors...

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 11:36:28 pm »

I AM KIDDING.... Do you even know who Travis Barker is??? Clearly you didn't get the sarcasm.

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 11:54:31 pm »

I AM KIDDING.... Do you even know who Travis Barker is??? Clearly you didn't get the sarcasm.

i know Tongue (sorry if my message came across rude)

its just some people take one little bit and run all over the internet and cause even more trouble then they should... just trying to nip this one in the butt before it took hold to anything  Undecided

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: