Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An Observation of LaBrie on Score  (Read 11455 times)
jonny108

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2010, 07:42:14 am »

I was just watching the drums only of the score and during Another Won when James hold that long B at the end, it was all vibrato. However on the cd/dvd he holds the note then goes into the vibrato.  Did he re-do some of his vocals later on??

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:26:06 am »

I was just watching the drums only of the score and during Another Won when James hold that long B at the end, it was all vibrato. However on the cd/dvd he holds the note then goes into the vibrato.  Did he re-do some of his vocals later on??
Is it a revelation? Of course some studio touch-ups were done on Score

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

DR1029

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:31:06 am »

Yup!  I was there and took some video clips from my personal camera and the clips I have dont match Wink

As a matter of fact, I like some of mine better.  Especially the Innocense Faded clips!!!!

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 10:11:55 am »

A friend of mine had some video clips from Score, taken by his own camera and I watched. Believe or not some moments better than DVD like Innocence Faded, Under A Glass Moon and Afterlife. Looks like it had to be toyed with for DVD but who cares, it's great in all way.

I don't think it's overdubbed in the studio again but like James said earlier, it has some moments auto-tuned.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 04:46:36 pm »

Yes score was overdubbed however i don't know if all songs were,probably were.

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 04:53:08 pm »

Yes score was overdubbed however i don't know if all songs were,probably were.

As far as I can remember Under A Glass Moon was overdubbed because of guitar arragement. The only vocal that was overdubbed is Live At Marquee not Score and if I am not mistaken it is confirmed.

Need to repeat. Like James said earlier; some vocal lines probably were auto-tuned.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:03:12 pm by SeRoX » Logged

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 05:06:53 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE0zBk8I2G8

2:36 ~ 2:37,you can see labrie doing the facial gesture that means he is doing vibrato on the love, but love is clear,no vibrato.

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 05:08:33 pm »

Auto-tuned.

JLB

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 05:15:16 pm »

I don't hear any auto tune, still, didn't know auto tune could completely change LoOoOoOoOOve to love.

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 05:21:19 pm »

By the way, how is it possible to find out and say it's overdubbed by judging his facial gesture. I mean, in this video that you posted where he sings "Love" it's unclear to reach this result.

Need to repeat again, if I am not mistaken... Some lines could be overdubbed but I remember it's confirmed, NOT. Well, maybe James will clear this up.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:28:38 pm by SeRoX » Logged

JLB

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 06:21:53 pm »

You can see by he's facial gesture in the end that he does vibrato, is kinda hard (sarcasm) to do that vibrato gesture but not have any vibrato on what he sang,and it's kinda weird go to the studio only to sing some lines or 1 song.

DR1029

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 11:30:38 pm »

We really dont have to go through this again do we???

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 11:46:42 pm »

We really dont have to go through this again do we???

I have to agree... we don't need to go over this again. James has made this clear in the past.

(as for the OLDER stuff, the band did have to redo it in a studio only because Atlantic and ATCO were jerks like that)

B-rad

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 11:44:04 pm »

Yeah I don't think it was auto tuned. Software like melodyne might have been used to flatten out heavy vibrato in certain parts. Auto tune sounds completely unnatural and would be much more noticeable if it was used on score.

Fancy dress contrived rhetoric speech
The unlettered masses conforming
Rank and file members fearing change
But questioned their own faith this morning

"You people way up in back, put the fuckin hotdog down and put your hands together LET'S GOOOOOO!" - James LaBrie

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: