Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream Theater: A Dramatic Tour Of Events Schedule  (Read 229817 times)
Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: January 30, 2012, 06:01:00 pm »

Thank you so much for a wonderful concert tonight in Berlin, James and Dream Theater. It was an unforgettable experience; the show was simply SPECTACULAR – both visually and sonically - I especially loved Wait for Sleep, Far from Heaven, Breaking All Illusions, As I Am … Thank you. We love you guys! Smiley
--
P.S. And James was just incredible tonight.

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: January 31, 2012, 05:12:42 am »

Thank you so much for a wonderful concert tonight in Berlin, James and Dream Theater. It was an unforgettable experience; the show was simply SPECTACULAR – both visually and sonically - I especially loved Wait for Sleep, Far from Heaven, Breaking All Illusions, As I Am … Thank you. We love you guys! Smiley
--
P.S. And James was just incredible tonight.

Oh yes, what an awesome show!!!

I loved the setlist, and listening to War Inside My Head/The Test... was a pleasant surprise! The band was in top form. One can notice that the current line-up is rightly tuned up. James was amazing! He said at some point that he was starting to get a cold, but he would give his everything... and hell he did! I was like this  Shocked with 6:00, the way he nailed it! In some songs he did some screams that only added to the excitement. I loved everything about this show! And yes, some MP songs back in the setlist, but they're a minority, so I guess Kevin Moore gets more royalties for lyrics, if that's the reason why they weren't playing MP songs during this whole suing affair.

Thanks to a common friend with Jordan, I managed to meet him again after the show. As always, super nice guy, and he even said he remembered my face. I really wanted to also meet the Captain this time, though. I hope someday I'll be able to!

All in all a very happy evening, and I can't wait to see them again! If I had the money, I'd catch them in Düsseldorf or Hannover!

Swedish Goose

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 31, 2012, 06:50:36 am »

Having some problems with my account, well it seems I can post from the mobile at least...

I was at the Stockholm gig last week. Wow. What a show! Mangini was great and the whole band was on fire...

Took some photos. 8 are up on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swedishgoose

Hope you enjoy them

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: February 01, 2012, 04:43:31 am »

Tonight is Holland... I'm not going. It will be -7°C-19°F tonight, haha. I hope they can heat the venue up with their performance. The wind and cold is nasty if you are about to get a cold  Undecided

Good luck James!!

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 01, 2012, 05:44:45 pm »

IJsselhallen - Zwolle, Holland - 02/01/12

Bridges in the Sky
6:00
Build Me Up, Break Me Down
Surrounded
The Root of All Evil
Drum Solo
A Fortune in Lies
Outcry
The Silent Man
Beneath the Surface
On the Backs of Angels
War Inside My Head
The Test that Stumped Them All
The Spirit Carries On
Breaking All Illusions

Pull Me Under

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: February 01, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »

That was fast, lol

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 02, 2012, 05:18:55 am »

What can I say Huh DT was stunning last night !!!!  Shocked Cool Although James said he his throat suffers from the cold, he was ON FIRE !!! Best I heard him ever !
The guys were awesome at the M&G and Mike kept talking eventhough the others already left ! I gave them all a box full with candy (they call it 'drop' here). Might help James' throat feel better Wink
 It went by so fast...thanks DT, we LOVE you guys ! The crowd was awesome and I think you guys knew, the chemistry between you guys was amazing !!
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: February 02, 2012, 07:51:21 am »

Having some problems with my account, well it seems I can post from the mobile at least...

I was at the Stockholm gig last week. Wow. What a show! Mangini was great and the whole band was on fire...

Took some photos. 8 are up on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swedishgoose

Hope you enjoy them
These are beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting them.
__
@Henry
O yes, it was a fantastic concert, I enjoyed every minute of it. And James was fabulous as always.

Traveller69

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 02, 2012, 08:11:42 am »

So, I was at the concert yesterday in Zwolle - and to sum it up in 1 word: WOW.

It was fantastic, the cartoon-intro, the first song was directly a grab-the-audience-by-the-throat-and-don't-let-go - Bridges in the Sky.

Petrucci was on fire and busy practising his angry looks - in which he succeeded.
Rudess was rocking away and really into the other members when he had to not play for a certain part, and when he played it was beautiful, intense, powerfull.
Myung bobbed his head during the encore, tilting left to right and seemed to have a good time overall.
Mike could replace Animal from the Muppets - what an energy, what a power. But always in line with the rest of the band, no overdramatising, just hitting those drums hard.

And James, he was amazing - I read he normally has to warm up for 2 songs, but I think it was only the first line he needed this time. What a great and powerfull voice. And he had a lot of dialogue after the first song, more than he ever spoke on another concert I saw Smiley

I was a great admirer of DT in the past, but during the last tour I felt they were a bit uninspired. Still playing great, but with less emotion. Not last night, they had fun, they played great and they connected with the audience. I HAD A BLAST.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 02, 2012, 11:13:50 pm »

for once this tour i don't seem to have a setlist for the Feb 2nd Gig Shocked. My source is empty... so if you attended the show  Thu - Feb 2nd - Dusseldorf, Germany -Mistubishi Electric-Halle either post the setlist yourself, or send me a message and i'll get it logged.

If i find it before anyone posts, I'll just edit this Wink

EDIT: Just asked VIPnation if they keep track of setlists... alas they don't. So unless Setlist.fm updates I've got nothing right now Sad
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:24:57 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

Traveller69

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 03, 2012, 04:01:46 am »

On Setlist.fm the Dusseldorf setlist has been placed.
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2012/mitsubishi-electric-halle-dusseldorf-germany-63deb6d3.html

Dream Is Collapsing(Hans Zimmer song)
Bridges in the Sky
Surrounded
The Dark Eternal Night
Drum Solo
A Fortune in Lies
Outcry
Acoustic
Wait for Sleep
Far from Heaven
On the Backs of Angels
War Inside My Head
The Test that Stumped Them All
The Spirit Carries On
Breaking All Illusions
Encore:
As I Am

Different songs than the night before. So I should have gone to Dusseldorf after all, 4 different songs.

The show in France, Paris is also up on setlist.fm although not all the songs are known.
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2012/le-zenith-paris-france-6bdeb60e.html

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: February 03, 2012, 07:24:48 am »

This is a video from Pull Me Under someone took in Zwolle. James is on f*****g fire!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc7bM8KyEZg&feature=share

And this is one I took in Berlin. Wait For Sleep: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150520649157734 (Even though it's on my facebook, is set to public, so you don't need a facebook account to watch it).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:28:58 am by Hprog » Logged

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 03, 2012, 02:08:09 pm »

Here are some pics from the show in Zwolle;
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.361725410504137.95971.100000000420027&type=3

And a small vid I made;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVMxT3yOMys&feature=plcp&context=C3b51936UDOEgsToPDskIfjR_6-Hb9JiGeq3zzsZGA

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 03, 2012, 04:10:03 pm »

Traveller69 thank you for posting yesterday's setlist.

I'll get today's later when I know it is finished. Smiley

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 03, 2012, 08:28:35 pm »

Le Zénith - Paris, France - 02/03/12

Bridges in the Sky
Surrounded
The Root of All Evil
Drum Solo