Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream Theater: A Dramatic Tour Of Events Schedule  (Read 393663 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 07, 2011, 08:28:34 am »

I had an AMAZING time - despite the fact that I went and caught a cold.   I am in Dream Theater euphoria / hangover.  I have to get to work now, but I will try to put my DT concert into words later. 

I have only to say this at this time:  I sang my heart out, and held my pirate bandana high with pride.  I had an amazing time sitting with heylchick and we had a blast!!!!

Anyone who comes to this Board and disses James' voice has NO BLOODY IDEA what they are taling about.  Sorry, that's it - plain and simple.  Our Pirate performed WONDERFULLY.  Mikie Mangini is an animal on those drums - his kit is astounding. 

Anyway, gotta for now. 

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: October 07, 2011, 09:05:12 am »

Wow! This sounds gorgeous, Donna. We are really looking forward to the show on monday.

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 07, 2011, 12:37:35 pm »

I heard they replaced The Great Debate with Breaking All Illusions?   
Also, I can't find any announcement on the 12/1 show in SD.  This might mean other shows on either side.  It seems odd that they would do over a month after the TX shows and nearly two months before Europe.
Everyone chant with me, "Denver, Denver, Denver."

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 07, 2011, 04:34:44 pm »

Massey Hall - Toronto ON - 10-06-2011

Bridges in the Sky
These Walls
Build Me Up, Break Me Down
Endless Sacrifice
Drum Solo
The Ytse Jam
The Silent Man
Beneath the Surface
Outcry
On the Backs of Angels
Forsaken
Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Breaking All Illusions

Encore:
Under a Glass Moon

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 07, 2011, 08:17:30 pm »

OK.  So yes, the above^^^^^^^^ (thank you Ash!) was the setlist.  ^^^^^^
We were Row G on Petrucci's side, and it was amazing.  I absolutley LOVE the Intro from Inception.  It was the perfect vibe and brought my anticipation to such an elevated excitement, that heylchick and I were squeezing each others' hands to death!   Cheesy

The atmosphere was awesome.  It was different and it was just so laid back from where i was sitting.  The band was tight and as I menitoned before, James did NOT disappoint.  I pretty near wet myself a few times.  Love BMUBMD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!  Singing it live was indescribable to me.  The way Petrucci and Myung were into their playing and interacting with each other brought such a sense of comraderie, and when Rudess came out from behind the keyboard to join them, it felt complete and it felt whole.   Forsaken was full, and powerful just like I imaginied - I was in tears at the beginning as it brought me to emotions that I simply could not contain.  Loved how they began with Bridges In The Sky instead of the cliche of starting off with the CD lead - not that I would have cared, but it was refreshing, and a nice surprise because that song is just huge. John P was in AMAZING form as well...I thorougly enjoyed watching and hearing him belt out the songs with such vigor and confidence.  And it was my sheer pleasure to witness the drumming of Mike Mangini - dude is an ANIMAL!!!!  LOVED his kit and would have love to just sit in it for 5 minutes with a pair of sticks. 

The acoustic set was a great display of John's acoustic prowess, coupled with James' softer tones and I couldn't help but fire up my Appzilla "virtual lighter" on my iPod and hold it high in the air.    Grin   Hey, a girl has to have fun too , right?   Cheesy  Great to hear the songs that spanned their history - UAGM was amazing.  From when John began the song until James completed ".....chase the memories running from my eyes..." I had shivers up and down my spine continually.  And when James announced his mom was in the crowd last night, it was very very touching.  I am sure she is so proud of you James.  It made me immediately flash to what it would have been like for her to see her son develop in his musical ability to what he has become today.  I hear my own girl practicing on the piano, and it's special to hear that now to see what potentially can come out of that.  I am happy to have been part of that last night. 

It was wonderful.  And I am in DT Euphoria, and can't stop listening to BMUBMD.  Every concert experience is a different and new one, and I loved the new backdrop cubes with the images. 

Thanks again, boys.  You did it to me again.  The radio on my CRV will be crankin' you up for at least the next month or so.  I can't get enough.   I will be the loudest car in Woodbridge rivalling the Mustangs and little Hondas with their dance music.  PROUDLY. 

Unfortunatley, all my fun from last night in addition to my new job has worn me down to the point where I have a nasty cold.  So I am gonna take our Thanksgiving long weekend to get over this. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:30:25 pm by Donna » Logged

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 07, 2011, 09:07:10 pm »

Sounds great, Donna.  I love hearing about people's experiences when they are the time of their lives!!

Also, I just saw Mesa, AZ posted for 12/4.  It looks like a post-Thanksgiving leg (US date) is taking form.

Chant with me:  "Denver, Denver, Denver!"

So far:

12/1  San Diego, CA
12/4  Mesa, AZ 

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 07, 2011, 11:05:59 pm »

Sounds great, Donna.  I love hearing about people's experiences when they are the time of their lives!!

Also, I just saw Mesa, AZ posted for 12/4.  It looks like a post-Thanksgiving leg (US date) is taking form.

Chant with me:  "Denver, Denver, Denver!"

So far:

12/1  San Diego, CA
12/4  Mesa, AZ 

San Diego I have confirmed (be sure to always check the very first post of this topic for updates Smiley in case they get covered up by other posts here)... but Mesa AZ is not. If you could send me the link where that is located I would be grateful.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 08, 2011, 01:08:22 am »

Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier - Montreal, QC - 10-07-2011

Bridges In The Sky
These Walls
Endless Sacrifice
Drum Solo
Ytse Jam
Wait For Sleep
Far From Heaven
Outcry
On The Backs Of Angels
Caught In A Web
Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Breaking All Illusions

Encore:
Pull Me Under

Irock

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 08, 2011, 05:16:50 am »

They played Breaking All Illusions two nights in a row? Now I have no idea whether or not I'm going to get to hear it on the 19th!

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 08, 2011, 10:42:32 am »

This shows the Mesa, AZ tickets go on sale Monday 10/10!!!

http://www.mesaartscenter.com/index.php/shows/music-concerts/dreamtheater

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 08, 2011, 09:07:00 pm »

New Date added

Sun - Dec 4th - Mesa, AZ - Ikeda Theater
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:27:02 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 09, 2011, 08:35:53 am »

Ah hell, I was up anyway this monring...:

2011-10-08 - Pavilion de la Jeunesse - Quebec City, QC

Bridges in the Sky
These Walls
Endless Sacrifice
Drum Solo
The Ytse Jam
The Silent Man
Beneath the Surface
Outcry
On the Backs of Angels
Forsaken
Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Breaking All Illusions

Encore:
Under a Glass Moon

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:22:57 pm by Donna » Logged

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 09, 2011, 09:40:12 am »

The DT site now shows the San Diego & Mesa, AZ shows, but the SD show is 12/10.

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 09, 2011, 10:53:10 am »

The DT site now shows the San Diego & Mesa, AZ shows, but the SD show is 12/10.

The DT site switched the SD show back to 12/1.  It must have been an error that they corrected pretty fast.  I checked back on there since the 6 day gap worked better for me possibly getting a CO or NM show.  I still think they will come to Colorado on this "mini-leg"

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 10, 2011, 11:13:44 pm »

Sounds like the are on their way to Mexico in December. I'm still hoping for a Colorado stop, but at this point would settle for New Mexico.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35
  Print  

Jump to: