Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84
  Print  
Author Topic: How Are YOU today?  (Read 480851 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2008, 10:54:39 pm »

So?  How are you?  Tell us what's up with yourselves.  It's good to get to know our Forum members and what they are doing and stuff.   I'll go first.
I am done decorating the house for Christmas.  I am waiting patiently for my "host" College to arrange with my "closest proximity" college to arrange for my final exam.  So a bit edgy on this.  I wish they would make it snappy. 
Other than this, tired. 

How are YOU guys feeling today?

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

lauraKJLBfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 06:15:18 am »

Finally Xmas is arriving becuse I'm really tired,I'm working a lot and I want to relax.
I ONLY NEED TO RELAX MYSELF,not to think to much about the rest and HAVE A GOOD TIME   Cheesy

Eva
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 10:40:28 am »

I'm sick Sad But I need to prepare a presentation about Ravel's "Pavane pour une infante défunte" for tomorrow. And my roommate listens to the Wiggles in an incredible volume  Roll Eyes I'm going to die by auditive intoxication.... Shocked I really do need earplugs *searchs everywhere for them*

yeshua4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 03:43:28 pm »

doing well...listening to DT instrumentals all day at work via youtube 1.5 hour compilation.  Other than missing JLB's voice, it is a sweet hour and a half of musical ecstacy

Is anyone here a marine biologist?

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 07:51:27 pm »

doing well...listening to DT instrumentals all day at work via youtube 1.5 hour compilation.  Other than missing JLB's voice, it is a sweet hour and a half of musical ecstacy

I found that, too, and love it!! I put it on for my background music when I'm doing things around the house when I want a change from the radio & CDs.

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 07:57:52 pm »

Been a little tired this weekend. I guess because of trying to get things done. I didn't even feel like going to the grocery store today. I'll go tomorrow when I get by the post office because I plan on getting my Christmas cards done tonight, and get them mailed off. There's a town called Christmas about 20 minutes from here and I try to get over there and mail them off from there. Not only is there the Christmas postmark, but they have ink stamps that you can put on the envelopes. Whenever I go there, there's always a crowd of people at the table to do that. Hope there isn't a long wait when I go there!!

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 08:26:35 am »

Worried...very worried about my mom..she's in a lot of pain for a week now caused by inflammation of nerves in her left side head/face.. Cry No medication/antibiotics have helped so far.
I just pray the pain will disappear soon  Sad

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 09:38:56 am »

@ Andie - I have to apologize.  I just realized now by your sig who you are.  So sorry, hon.  Great to see you have signed in again though!

@ lutima - Prayers for healing for your mom sent you way, Caroline.   Kiss

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 01:25:06 pm »

Thanks Donna  Smiley

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 10:15:17 am »

Best wishes to your mother! 

I am fine today... just a bit tired. I got a new assignment from my boss, a new article... Interesting!  (Caroline: it's about Guus Hiddink Wink)

yeshua4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 10:35:27 am »

being a miser (sp?) has finally paid off.  we have driven junker cars for years, and been saving up money in the meantime.  I was able to buy a convertible this weekend and my wife got an almost new mini-van.  yahoo!  and I had money leftover to put a nice mp3 player/speakers in it.  come to lubbock this summer and we can tote around town with our hair in the wind, jammin' to DT

Is anyone here a marine biologist?

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 02:13:14 pm »

I am fine today... just a bit tired. I got a new assignment from my boss, a new article... Interesting!  (Caroline: it's about Guus Hiddink Wink)

Thanks Martijn..
Guus Hiddink ? Ok, my boys would like to know what that article is about Wink, we're huge fans of him !

BTW, Welcome to your new forum James Cheesy  Cool

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 02:41:42 pm »

Thanks Martijn..
Guus Hiddink ? Ok, my boys would like to know what that article is about Wink, we're huge fans of him !

BTW, Welcome to your new forum James Cheesy  Cool

It's for the Voetbal International Christmas-special... It's the story of his life, but then written in a more 'literal' way with some facts and details people haven't read yet. I'm not the first one to write about him, so the challenge is to make something original... I've to make a selection. I will try to make it a really nice and original story!  Cheesy

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 03:22:34 pm »

Really ? Is this just this one article or do you normally write for Voetbal International ? Two of my boys read it and get the magazine from their neighbor besides them being huge PSV supporters, so we'll read it eventually  Wink
Good luck !

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 04:31:38 pm »

Really ? Is this just this one article or do you normally write for Voetbal International ? Two of my boys read it and get the magazine from their neighbor besides them being huge PSV supporters, so we'll read it eventually  Wink
Good luck !

I write for VI once every 3-4 weeks or so, it depends... Last one was two weeks ago, about Harry Redknapp, the manager of Tottenham Hotspur.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84
  Print  

Jump to: